Nose too narrow and small for my face

need revision surgery after my primary made my nose too narrow and small for my face . Had a cephalic trim.can t breath well )Doctor suggested onlay tip graft to widen the tip and alar rim grafts to support the rims . The thing is my nostril walls are narrow as well . Should I add alar strut graft to support the nostril walls and the area where the lower lateral cartilage was trimed. What is the best graft to reverse cephalic trim .Please help I can t take this small narrow nose anymore . Thank you

Revision rhinoplasty for a narrow nose

+1
Dear nothappy11,

• You can use cartilage grafting to reinforce and rebuild the nose after primary rhinoplasty
  • You will likely need rib cartilage if you not have septal cartilage left
  • See a revision rhinoplasty specialist who can address all of your concerns

Nima Shemirani

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
I'm sorry to hear that you need to seek revision rhinoplasty surgery.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can help and guide you towards achieving the results you seek.  A thorough evaluation of both the inside and outside of your nose is recommended to determine the best solution for your nose.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize the areas of concern as well as what you may look like afterwards.  

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty revision

+1
It is impossible to answer your question without a proper evaluation in person or at least seeing photos in person.  Good luck.

Options regarding revision rhinoplasty

+1
  • It would be very difficult to determine exactly what you would need based on description alone. You certainly need to have a face-to-face evaluation done by an experienced surgeon who does a significant amount of revision rhinoplasty's. There is certainly a number of options available to you but it would be difficult to determine which would be best without seeing you

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon