Nose Too Narrow After Rhinoplasty

My nose was too narrowed after the surgery. I would say the doctor tool 3/4 of my nose out. My nose is too narrow and sits too far from my face. I am considering a revision. Can my nose be widen with revision. I love to have a rounder nose that sits closer to face. thanks

Narrow Nose Can Be Augmented

+2

Yes your nose can be "augmented" to get more roundness and a less done look with ear cartilage. Also the thin look can be helped along the bones with spreader grafts from the septum. This is highly techniocal work so make sure youer surgeon has good experience in this. 

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Revision rhinoplasty should wait approximately 12 months after your last surgery.  This allows the swelling and scarring to settle down and permits the nose to "declare itself".  Widening an overly narrowed nose is quite difficult and you should seek an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrow Nose

+1

Yes, your nose can be made to be slightly more wider with the use of spreader grafts and osteotomies.  I would, however, wait at least 6-12 months prior to any revision surgery.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Widening over-narrowed nose

+1

Revision rhinoplasty techniques ar available to widen your nose. Cartilage grafting can be done to augment areas that were over-resected. It is also possible to reposition your tip so that it projects differently.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nose too narrow

+1

Yes, a narrow nose can be augmented with structural grafts - in general it is a good idea to wait about one year before seeking a revision

Sam Naficy, MD

Video: Nose can be widened in Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose can be widened. You can place grafts to widen the nose from the inside and also you may need to restructure the bones of your nose to widen it as well. See below for a video on rhinoplasty.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon