Nose Got More Swollen After Exercising 4 Weeks? (photo)

I had a open revision rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago, and I did pushups, pullups, situps, and went on a walk.... And my nose has swollen up like a balloon for the past 24 hours... How long does it take for this to go down? My nose looks really wide and ugly and I don't wanna go out.. :( Also will this increase scar tissue? My doctor said he had to remove lots of scar tissue from the last surgery and I'm scared I made more scar tissue..!?!!?

Revision BRhinoplasty recovery

+1

Dear BossTycoon,

• This is normal after only 4 weeks following revision rhinoplasty, it will go down and will likely re-swell with activity intermittently for the first several months so don't worry if it happens again, exercise is great for you
  • It will not affect the long term outcome
  • See your doctor regularly for check-ups, especially if it remains swollen or gets painful

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Post-rhinoplasty revision

+1

At four weeks afte revision rhinoplasty, it is still very early and you will swell with activity.  Good luck.

In my practice, patients are allowed unrestricted activity 3 weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photo. Sudden, persistent swelling 4 weeks after revision rhinoplasty, triggered by exercise is unusual. I see the bulge on the left side of your bridge. If you had a foreign body implant placed in your nose, your swelling could be from possible infection.

In that regard, I would suggest that you express your concerns to your surgeon, and ask to be evaluated as soon as possible.

All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://naturalrhinoplasty.net/#36540

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon