Nose More Projected After Surgery?

It has been 12 days since I had open rhinoplasty surgery, from profile view my nose tip is more projected than it was previously, is this likely to be just swelling or has my surgeon over projected my nose? The focus of my surgery was to raise a droopy columella and lightly shave the hump, my surgeon said he would prop up the tip with grafts to prevent collapsing in the future, is it possible this contributed to the projection?

Nose More Projected After Surgery?

+2

The swelling can be prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.   This may take the full year or more to resolve.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Kenneth Hughes, MD

Early Projection of Nose

+2

It is difficult to judge the aesthetic results of open rhinoplasty 12 days after surgery.  It seems from your description that you had a complex reconstruction of your nose.  I would recommend being patient and see how your nose looks once the swelling has subsided.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon