9 Months Post Op And Nose Doesn't Look Any Better, What To Do?

I had a revision back in 11-28-2010. It consisted of nasal implant removal, alar base reduction, and the addition of ear cartilage to the tip and bridge for definition. I have very thick and very oily skin (part Asian descent). I am hoping for more definition as my nose is still a round blob right now with a v-shape hanging down. My nose looks worst in the morning. Do I still have a chance? Doc says to tape, but I doubt it would work as I tried it before. Thank you!

9 months post rhinoplasty revision

+1

For your type of skin 9 months is not long enough, especially after revision. And dont be too critical of your nose. It looks pretty good. Be patient.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy 9 months after Rhinoplasty, will it get better still?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, the V shape over the tip is most likely where the ear cartilage graft was placed.  This would typically become more defined with time.  The rest of the tip that's still swollen may or may not get any thinner deopending on what was doen during your Rhinoplasty.  As always, it's best to discuss this with your Rhinoplasty surgeon.

Dissatisfied with 9 Month Rhinoplasty Result

+1

The frontal and base view pictures of your nose show a nice result. The 3/4 and profile views are not clear. Your nose will probably continue to improve, but if your not satisfied talk to your surgeon or get a second opinion.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Inspite of the small pictures.

YOU SEEM TO HAVE A VERY GOOD AESTHETIC NOSE. DO NOTHING

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Asian noses are much more difficult to correct with usual rhinoplasty techniques. Partly due to thick skin which needs to be refined aggressively in order to achieve the desired result.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon