Nose Modification? Will it Return to it's Original Size Over Time After Being Stretched Out?

My friend got his nose pierced around five years ago. Now, he wants to stretch out the size of his nostrils to make it larger. What are some consequences? He wants to know if the nostrils will return back to its original size if he stops or if it will become droopy overtime?

Nose modification

+1
When the skin is stretched either in the ears or the nostril area due to large piercings typically they have to be repaired surgically. I do a lot of repairs on ears as they do not shrink back up and have to be surgically fixed. Depending on the size of the nasal piercing they most often need surgical intervention to fix. Most patients regret doing this so be cautious! Best regards!