Is Your Nose Meant to Look Extremely Different After Septorhinoplasty?

It's been 10 days since i had a septorhinoplasty operation. I had a small hump on the bridge of my nose which was filed down using a rasp. I had no cast on my nose, just some tape. The tape has been removed and the nose looks ok from the side but from the front view it looks really long. The nose looks very much out of proportion as it is very narrow at the top of the nasal bridge and very big at the bottom. It looks like an isosceles triangle.

Difference in Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling present 10 days after rhinoplasty can make it very difficult to determine the final appearance. Rasping a small hump should not narrow the top of the nasal bridge or increase the width at the tip. Be patient and discuss this with your surgeon.

Appearance of nose after hump or bridge reduction only

+1

If rasping is truly the only intervention performed as part of the nose job, it is unlikely that a significant change would occur. However, eliminating a prominent hump can make the nose appeaar more upturned from a side view.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/facial-surgery-chicago/nose-reshaping/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.