Scar Tissue Inside Nose After Rhinoplasty

I had primary open rhinoplasty and septoplasty 7 weeks ago. The inside of my nose just feels different. Especially When I lay down. I can feel something moving towards the back of both nasal passages. It feels like I need to blow something out. However it will not come out, and I cannot "suck" for lack of a better word in when breathing in. I do feel it sometimes during the day moving around, but mostly at night. I imagine it is scar tissue, it is driving me crazy!

Rhinoplasty and Scar Tissue

+1

It is possible that what you are feeling is crusting or scabbing. You need to have your surgeon look inside to diagnose the problem. Trying to "blow" or "suck" to solve the problem may just exacerbate it.

Healing after a Rhinoplasty

+1

From what you're describing, there's most likely some crusting on the inside of your nose after the Rhinoplasty.  I typically have Rhinoplasty patients use saline nasal sprays, as often as 5 times a day, to soften this crusting.  I do not allow my Rhinoplasty patients to stick fingers, Q tips or blow the nose for 6 months after the Rhinoplasty.  You should call the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty for more specific instructions.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Rhinoplasty scar

+1

Dear Columbus,

It could be a piece of suture, a piece of scar tissue, or just regular tissue.  I would see your plastic surgeon so that he/she can take a look in your nose and give you a better idea of what it is.  We often use absorbable sutures that can get loose inside the nose after everything is healed.  It should all be fine.

Nima Shemirani