My Nose Looks Much Longer and Pointier After Operation, Is It Swelling?

Please help! I had my operation 15 days ago! My nose looks so long and pointy is this normal also it looks much longer from one side than the other side! Will I have to get another surgery is this due to swelling???? Is this normal???

Swelling and perceived nose length after hump removal

+1

Thank you for the question.  I think two things are likely occurring:  1) you likely have quite a bit of swelling 2) there is perceived nose length increased after the dorsal hump (bridge of nose) is taken down.  At this time I would wait for the majority of the swelling to go away which will be a couple of more months at least and then re-assess your nose shape and appearance.

Dr. Remus Repta

Long pointy nose after rhinoplasty

+1

You are quite early from your surgery so there is likely quite a bit of swelling still. The photographic views aren't from an ideal angle, but it does look like your tip now has some increased projection -- this may be giving the pointy appearance you're noticing.

It's hard to say how your nose with evolve with time. I'd wait to see how things turn out. Depending on what was done during the initial procedure this healing process usually takes about 12 months.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nasal projection

+1

When the dorsum is taken down, it can give the illusuion of a longer nose. The photos are not ideal but it certainly looks that way.  Some of the length may be from swelling.

Excessive Tip Projection

+1

Your photos are not ideal, but it does appear that your surgeon rotated your nose without decreasing the projection.  It will improve a little but likely not  enough that you will be satisfied with the appearance.  For now, let things heal up.  By another month, you will have a good sense of the final shape.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon