Possible to Make Nose Shorter Without Altering my Face?

My nose doesn't fit the law of vertical thirds--it's about half a centimeter too long. It's a typical asian nose...bridge isn't very defined, and I have a round tip with open nostrils. It's skinny so it looks even longer... Are there surgery options that could make my nose a little shorter without drastically altering my face? Sort of just like moving my nose upwards.. Would dermal fillers to the bridge and tip recontour the nose so as to make the length less noticeable? Thanks.

Shortening the nose through rhinoplasty

+1

Without any photos it is impossible to tell what the options are. It is very common to have a Silastic dorsal implant placed in the bridge, an Asian rhinoplasty to give the illusion of narrower sidewalls and a higher bridge. Performing a rhinoplasty will not alter the face. Shortening the nose will only push the nostrils upward and it will look operated upon. We do not recommend dermal filler to the bridge.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Rhinoplasty to Shorten Nose

+1

Noses are frequently shortened with a rhinoplasty. Without pictures, it is difficult to make specific recommendations other than advise you to see a rhinoplasty surgeon for consultation.  That surgeon will discuss alternatives such as the use of dermal fillers or cartilage grafts, including the advantages and disadvantages of each.

Noses can be shortened through rhinoplasty.

+1

This will not alter your face and it will look natural if you go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. He can tell you if fillers alone will work to do what you want.

Making your nose shorter

+1

Without pictures or examining you it is hard to give you specific advice.  There are many components to rhinoplasty.  Based on your description, is sounds like you would benefit from a rhinoplasty.  Also, dermal fillers are great to help mask a hump or contour irregularities.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com