Bulbous and lacking definition: Do I Need a Nose Job? (photo)

my friends and relatives say it suits my face but i think i do find my nose a bit bulbous and lacking in definition. can my nasal bone be straightened? but i think it can cause breathing problem? so am i a patient for nose tip or the whole of rhinoplasty? do i need bone correction? also my nose cartilage is very squishy. it swells in the morning and even when i pinch or touch mu nose... Thankyou!!

Need for a Nose Job

+2

Nobody needs a nose job but you can improve the appearance of your nose with a rhinoplasty. Your tip is wide and asymmetrical and you do have a moderate hump from the profile view. I would recommend a full rhinoplasty but you and your surgeon will decide what to change after a thorough consultation. Over the past 35 years I've had patients like you that just wanted to refine their tip; however, all those patients did come back later to remove the hump. Although you do respect the opinions of relatives and friends, do what is best for you. You wear this nose, not them. Select an experienced surgeon because it sounds like you have weak cartilages.

Want a nose job or need a nose job

+2

For aesthetic purposes, no one needs a nose job. It's a want question. The only people that need a nose job are those getting Functional Rhinoplasty. This is when the crookedness of the nose causes breathing problems. Tip work is generally not part of the procedure when done for functional purposes. 

Your concerns are valid, in relation to aesthetics. In my practice I would suggest a Rhinosculpting procedure, in which conservative or subtle changes are made. The changes are noticeable but you still look like yourself. Straightening would require some bone work and possibly a spreader graft    Tip work would be the primary intervention and would involve suture remodeling  

so untimately the choice is up to you  

Hope this helps and beat of luck

ft

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a nose job?

+1

Thank you for your question. You have a normal nose and no one needs and nose job.

However if you are unhappy with the shape of your notes a rhinoplasty and narrow the tip, narrow the nasal bones and slightly reduce the dorsum or top of your nose bone.

Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon carefully and find an expert has a lot experience.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Do I Need A Nose Job

+1

NEEDING a rhinoplasty is probably not the right term to use as it is not a medical necessity that if not considered will cause a life threat.

Based in the photos you have attached, it looks like you could benefit from nasal bridge and tip narrowing and provide you with a straighter dorsum.

All in all, a multifaceted rhinoplasty will be the best approach that you will be discussed with your surgeon.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty can correct bulbous tip and dorsal hump

+1

You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty procedure. Tip definition and dorsal hump correction can successfully be achieved for you. Don't worry these corrections should not interfere with your ability to breathe. Just be ready for a long healing process. Patients usually do not see a final result until after the 6th month to a year. Best wishes,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed Rhinoplasty techniques may be used to improve the appearance of your nose.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Rhinoplasty Surgery may be employed to lower your bridge, straighten your nasal appearance, and refine your tip. You may want to consult several rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose job Yes or No

+1

That is a personal question that only you can answer. Yes a rhinoplasty could change your appearance. Best to see in person a rhinoplasty doc. 

Do I need a rhinoplasty?

+1

It's what you desire for yourself not friends. You would be a candidate for refinement but it has to be something you want for yourself. A consult with computer imaging may help you put in perspective. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for facial appearance.

+1

This is your choice not your friends. If the nose is crooked with a bulbous tip these can be corrected with a rhinoplasty.

Only you nose!

+1

Excellent, you have been doing some of your homework regarding the subject of Rhinoplasty.  Yes, other people may influence your decision to proceed with nasal surgery, but you must be the captain of your own ship (nose).

Robert A. Shumway, MD, FACS

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon