Should I Get a Nose Job? In some light settings, when I look at it in the mirror, it looks awful. (photo)

I would appreciate a professional view on whether I should get a nose job or not. I just can't get an objective view of it - in some light it seems to be tolerable.

Rhinoplasty?

+2

It is not should I?  But do I want one?  That is something you ahve to decide for yourself.  If there are things bothering you, then go for a consult.

Shoiuld I Get a Nose Job?

+2

A nose job will improve the appearance of your nose, but that does not answer your question. You should get rhinoplasty surgery only if subtle changes are important to you. Many times I've had family members come to me with similar noses - one wanted a "nose job", the other did not. It's a personal decision.

Is Rhinoplasty right for you?

+2

Hi Faraway

• first of all, your nose isnt awful. 
  • you uploaded all pictures from the side, but remember that people look at you from the front.
  • You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty, but the lighting changes you show will always give different shadows ( even after rhinoplasty)

Best Wishes.

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty is a personal choice.

+2

You have a hump  in the profile view which can be removed if you don't like it. It will make your face look softer. But if you like your nose the way it is you do not need surgery.

It is your choice

+2

You and your plastic surgeon have to decide on this. If you do not like the way your nose looks, and the plastic surgeon's suggestions seem reasonable to you then go for it. If you like the way your nose looks, don't do it.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Good idea to get a nose job?

+2

The decision whether to have a rhinoplasty is a personal one. You would benefit from consulting with a rhinoplasty surgeon so you can describe what features bother you about your nose. That would allow your surgeon to discuss whether surgery could be used to improve those aspects of your nose. Digital  morphing could also be done during the visit to show you how various changes will look on your own face.

Given that you've submitted a profile photo of your nose, I can presume that is a major area that you're considering addressing. Your profile line does show an overall fullness that can be refined with surgery to reduce it's overall size and bring into better balance with the rest of your facial features.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Should I get a Nose Job?

+2

First, you have to identify what is really concerning you about the appearance of your nose. A surgeon can make suggestions- but within the context of what is specifically bothering you. I can look at your nose and see features that would make the nose look more balanced and refined. However what I am seeing may not be what you want to change. It sounds like the appearance of your nose is concerning you and a visit with a surgeon who is experienced in Rhinoplasty will probably put things in perspective as to what can be done to give you the appearance you are looking for. Best of Luck Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

See a Rhinoplasty Expert

+1

Most rhinoplasty patients start the process asking that very question - Should I get a Nose Job?

True this is a personal decision -  However it is best that you visit a rhinoplasty specialist and have him/her examine your nose, morph your photographs, let you look at similar before and afters and talk to you about the risks and benefits of rhinoplasty. 

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

It depends on what bothers you. Rhinoplasty with chin augmentation with be my recommendation.

+1

You do have a hump on the nose that  could be improved.  You also have a weak chin that could be augmented.  That would make you nose look less large.  It really depends on your concerns.  Rhinoplasty with chin augmentation would be my recommendation from the photos provided.  Make appointments for consultations with multiple surgeons. Look at lots of before and after photos. Board certification by The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, The American Board of Otolaryngology or The American Board of Plastic Surgery is preferred. Warmest regards.

Dr. Pippin

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose job?

+1

Only you can decide if you want to change the shape of your nose.  If you are happy with it, then leave it alone.  Cosmetic surgery is elective and should only be done if the patient wants a change; not to please someone else.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD