Nose Job & Doing to Much Can Cause You Future Damage?

I was watching a Youtube Video and the dr said the more aggressive a Dr is with a nose job the more damage you cause in the future . What exactly does this mean>?

Rhinoplasty and surgery

+1

Comments are made and may mean different things. A carefully performed rhinoplasty done by a qualified surgeon should produce a good result.

Doing too much during Rhinoplasty

+1

Doing too much during a Rhinoplasty usually means too much cartilage was removed and that can cause the nose to undergo a lot of change over a period of 5 years and usually this change is not for the better. The nose can look pinched, develop uneven nostrils, looked scooped out in profile view, get turned up too much or develop assymetrical shape to the tip.  An experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon will be conservative and not create these deformities.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The key to performing a safe rhinoplasty that will not cause problems down the road is not removing too much of the structure of the nose. Most highly experienced rhinoplasty surgeons are aware of this balance today. Seek a rhinoplasty surgeon that is aware of the trade-offs between excessive nasal refinement and nasal deformity. A properly planned and performed rhinoplasty should not result in any future damage. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose job doing damage in the future is not true.

+1

Nose job doing damage in the future is not true. If properly done and not overdone you should have no difference in the future

Rhinoplasty should be gentle and conservative.

+1

"Aggressive" is not a term anyone should use when describing rhinoplasty. We much prefer gentle tissue handling and minimal disruption of tissue planes as possible. Things like excess cautery can cause thermal injury and lead to more scarring and unpredictable healing. Major alteration of normal nasal anatomy can also lead to damage to the airway and unpredictable results.  I'm not sure I understand what the doctor meant by causing damage "in the future", but certainly doing any part of a rhinoplasty in an overly forceful manner will risk causing unnecessary injury and a less desirable result.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

The more extensive the operation the more damage is done to the tissues during rhinoplasty.

+1

The extent of any operation determines the magnitude of the collateral surgical damage. Rhinoplasty should be done properly. Sometimes an extensive operation is necessary to achieve the operative goal.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

Rhinoplasty Damage and Future Concerns

+1

Thank you for sharing your concerns. If you post the link next time to the video, I might be able to give you more insight. Best practices for any surgery include attention to hemostasis, sharp dissection, respect of tissue planes, and delicate tissue handling. Rhinoplasty isn't any different. I assume the video describes an aggressive surgeon as someone that compromises the integrity of the nasal cartilages during a reductive rhinoplasty. For most well trained, contemporary surgeons with significant rhinoplasty experience this is not a common practice. The concepts of structural rhinoplasty, as advanced by Dr. Dean Toriumi,  are now favored. In my hands, this leads to the best long-term results.

If I was way off the mark with respect to the content of your youtube video, please disregard my reply. I hope this helps. Take care.

Web reference: http://www.deantoriumi.com

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon