What Nose Job Should I Get? (photo)

The tip of my nose is quite bulbous and large. I would very much like it to be shaven down a bit but I fear if I do it - my nostrils will look too big. I like having a big nose - I don't want my face to change frantically and I really really DO NOT want a ski lope. Please tell me what nose you think would suit me. I am half Egyptian&would like to still look ethic. see pictures. Also an cost estimate would be great - currently living on the Gold Coast but would travel for the right surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Your posted photos show a small hump and a tip projection out of the plane of the face that is greater than 2/3 the length of the bridge. You can keep the bridge as is if you wish. Conservative take down of the hump will not result in a ski slope. The tip projection can be reduced by removing a few millimeters of cartilage in the strip of skin between the nostrils. That usually does not make the nostrils bigger and does not affect the shape of the dome. If you want to change the shape of the dome that would require surgery on other parts of the same cartilage. Nowadays you can pick and choose which specific procedures you want to get the results you are looking for rather than saying there is one ideal nose that everyone should have.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

What's the

+1

Patients' noses and goals are so variable--there's really no way to suggest "a nose" for you!  What I will suggest is you visit at least two--more is better--board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in rhinoplasty and whose patient base includes people of all backgrounds.  Talk with them frankly about what you hope to achieve as well as what you hope to avoid.  These days, most plastic surgeons do not aim to obliterate all traces of ethnicity when they perform nose jobs.  Most patients want to retain the family look after surgery, and an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon with several hundred or even thousands of procedures under their belt should be able to accomplish the results you seek.

Be advised, though, that even though a plastic surgeon performs rhinoplasty they may not be a specialist.  Look carefully at before and after photos and make sure the doctor also states that he or she often does revision rhinoplasty.  Do your homework online and in person.

Eliott Jacobs, M.D.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

What Nose Job Should I Get?

+1

Hump reduction with radix augmentation along with tip refinement can likely achieve the goals you have outlined.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What Nose Job Should I Get?

+1

You should get a rhinoplasty that provides a natural result which meets your expectations. In previous posts we have made some specific recommendations but you need to consult with an experienced surgeon to discuss your goals.

Rhinoplasty for and bulbous tip and large hump

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves reducing the hump which is usually shaving down cartilage and a small amount bone. The bulbous tip is addressed by suturing techniques whereby the tip  cartilages are sutured together and sometimes a small amount is conservatively removed. Closed rhinoplasty is less invasive and in experienced hands gives excellent results. Please see our  rhinoplasty photo gallery below for noses similar to your own