Profile view shows a hump: Do I Need a Nose Job? (photo)

Hello Everyone,, I wonder If I need a Rhinoplasty or not,, I am looking for an advice,, I am happy with the frontal view ,, but the profile view , there is a little hump .. I am satisfied anyway with the way I look ,, but I wonder wether removing the hump will improve my appearance or it gonna make it worse.. By saying worse I mean: the fortal view ,, since it is a surgey ,, no one can guess the results only the doctors,, My Mom always say Rhinoplasty is only for women haha ,,

Do I Need a Nose Job?

+2

A rhinoplasty can be performed to reduce the bump on your nasal bridge and at the same time make any additional changes, if any, in the appearance of your nose. This is a very common request for patients looking to change the appearance of their nose. With regard to your gender, many men seek rhinoplasty. You should not be concerned about this at all. The goals for male rhinoplasty differ from female rhinoplasty as we want to maintain your masculine features but the changes that you're seeking can be created without feminizing your nose. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deciding whether to get a rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  It sounds like you have an appreciation of your nasal shape and appearance but would perhaps like to change a few things about it.  I would discuss this with your parents and also obtain a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons to get an idea of what your options are.  After doing so I think you will have a better idea of whether or not you would like to proceed with a rhinoplasty.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Rhinoplasty for men

+1

Hello. Nobody needs a cosmetic rhinoplasty but to some people the boost of self confidence is well worth the surgery. The front view of your nose may change as well but an in person evaluation would better prepare you on what to expect. For the record rhinoplasty are regularly done on men.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Rhinoplasty in men

+1

If you are bothered by yoru dorsal hump then a rhinoplasty is reasonable to imrove the appearance.

Hump removal rhinoplasty

+1

Approximately 30% of our rhinoplasty practice are men, and yes indeed they do get cosmetic changes to their nose as well as repair from a sports injury.  Shaving a hump down  will also require osteotomies to prevent an open roof deformity. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website  to give you an idea what you might look like after a rhinoplasty

Do I Need a Nose Job?

+1

If you would like the hump reduced, this can be done with a closed rhinoplasty.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Do I Need a Nose Job?

+1

Nobody, male of female, need a nose job but they may look better after elinimating unwanted features. A minimal rhinoplasty to remove a small hump can be done to give you a natural result if you select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.