Nose Job For Hump Removal. Still There 8 Months Post? (photo)

I had this hump on my nose that I hated so much so in Jul 2011 I had a closed rhinoplasty just to have the hump removed.8months later the hump was still there so I went back to my doctor and had another surgery, this time I had an open rhinoplasty. Today,1 year after the 2nd nose job the hump is still on my nose,smaller but still there.i don't know what to do, my dr tells me to patient but I don't think that time will change it and I'm afraid and can't even afford another surgery.whatshouldIdo?

Persistent

+1

Yes, I agree that  it is unlikely the " hump" will improve beyond this point. If the "hump" is hard then it is bony . It may not have been totally removed or you had a "brisk" periosteal reaction following rasping.  I'm not sure what you look liked prior to the surgery so it is difficult to give a more detailed answer. I would have to see you postop in a more "neutral" plane rather then looking down. I would always recommend seeing your primary surgeon first but a second opinion would be helpful at this time

Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hump Removal in Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to assess your problem without pictures showing the look of your nose prior to your surgeries.  I do agree that your dorsum does have a degree of fullness that is apparent, and that the dorsum could have been refined more.  At a year out, and being the fullness is located over the boney dorsum, I do not feel you are going to see much improvement.  I suggest you follow up with another surgeon who is skilled in revision rhinoplasty for a second opinion.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Noe job for hump removal

+1

It is possible you are still experiencing swelling, and it would be necessary for you to wait a bit before coming to any conclusions about the final result. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of a rhinoplasty. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first three months, and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling can be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was a revision, whether the procedure was open or closed, whether tip work was performed, and the thickness of the patient's skin. Since your most recent surgery was both open and a revision, it is likely you still have some healing to do and your nose may continue to change. I would give it a little time and see how things progress. If you are not satisfied following that time period, I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about the next step. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD