Nose Job - Do I Need a Revision?

hi, I had a nose job six months ago,I  had a deviated nose and hump and boxy tip. After surgery, I feel that the base needs to be reduced and the tip needs more work on it, it is not contoured?? Really I am worried, do I need revision ?

Wait 12 months before pursuing revision rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Lisamar,

I would agree with my colleague that 6 months is early to consider a revision. You do appear to have a persistent bump on the bridge of the nose and some asymmetry of the nasal base. Most of your swelling should be gone at this point but it takes 12 months to truly know what your result will look like. In the meantime, I would recommend voicing your concerns to your surgeon. They should be able to evaluate and set a plan in motion which might involve a revision at 12 months or further observation to see how your nose continues to heal.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need for Revision

+1

Although I do feel your nose can be improved, 6 months post-op is too soon to have revision surgery. However, it is time to share your concerns with your surgeon and discuss alternatives as healing progresses.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Nariman

Regarding revisions, every plastic surgeon's approach will be slightly different however, I feel a revision policy should be discussed with the patient before surgery. If there is a clear problem that the patient and I can both see then 6 months after surgery is good time to discuss the options.  Sometimes it is best to wait 1 year to reevaluate after the swelling has resolved. Some minor problems can be addressed with HA fillers.

Regarding patient expectations, I believe that photo morphing is helpful for patients to communicate their expectations (regarding the amount of hump reduction, tip width and size) to their Plastic Surgeon.  I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

At 6 months you are a bit premature to think that you need a revision. You need to wait about a year for all the swelling to resolve. Pre-op photos would have been nice.