I have wanted a nose job since I was about 12 because I think I have a big nose. Should I get a Nose Job? (photo)

I have wanted a nose job since I was about 12- I kind of thought it was all in my head but I few people have told me I have a big nose- would it look better/be worth it to get a nose job? I recently had several molars removed and did braces which changed the shape of my face- but my nose seems to still be rather large for my face.

Should You Get A Nose Job?

+3

Thank you for your question. As others have stated that is a decision that you will have to make yourself. No Plastic Surgeon should tell you that you need an elective cosmetic operation.

All we can do is tell you whether an improvement is possible. From your photos I would say that the size of your nose can be reduced and the tip of your nose refined. Good luck with your decision.

Should I get a rhinoplasty?

+1
This is a personal question but if your nose bothers you it is indeed possible to change the shape and refine your features a bit. I would refine the tip and narrow the dorsum. It should be relatively easy to get you a very nice result. Best, Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

You appear to have a wide tip to your nose.  Medically we call that a bulbous tip.  It is certainly normal to have a wide tip and most people with a wide tip are not bothered by it but this does not seem to be the case for you.  There are surgical ways to reshape your nose and make it thinner.  If it has bothered you for a long time and you feel self-conscious about it then I would recommend at least getting an individualized consultation to explore the possible surgical options. Ultimately the decision is up to you.

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Is rhinoplasty worth it?

+1

From your photos you do appear to be a candidate for rhinoplasty. The decision whether it is worth it is really yours. It sounds like your nose has bothered you for a long time, which is important when considering surgery.

Rhinoplasty could be done to rebalance the shape and size of your nose to better fit in with the rest of your face. Preoperative digital morphing with your surgery would be very helpful in coming up with a specific surgical plan.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Should I Get a Nose Job?

+1

Having a Rhinoplasty is a very personal decision. I know because I had one when I was in college. You have to do this for you and not for anyone else. I always looked in the mirror and saw my nose not my face. I knew it was something I wanted to do for myself. Having the surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself. For me, it changed the way I looked and felt. Be true to yourself. If you choose the right surgeon and express your desires in detail then you will have an amazing result. You have to choose a surgeon who has a passion for Rhinoplasty surgery and is board certified. It is my favorite cosmetic procedure and I spend hours studying the nose because I am obsessed with mastering Rhinoplasty surgery. That is the kind of surgeon you want operating on you. Go for it! You won't regret it if you do your homework.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Should I Get a Nose Job?

+1

Having ANY cosmetic surgery is a very personal decision, that ONLY you can make. Best is to obtain IN PERSON evaluations from boarded docs in your area. 

Rhinoplasty worth it?

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, such as the example in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are considering undergoing a rhinoplasty, you should go for an evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon or ENT doctor.  They can review your concerns and review a surgical plan with you.

Nose Job or Not?

+1

The decision to proceed with any elective procedure is obviously a very personal one which only you as a patient can and should decide but as physicians we can guide you to determine what options are available that might improve those areas that bother you to enhance your appearance.  My philosophy is that the goal of rhinoplasty surgery should be to actually draw attention “away” from the nose by balancing it with other features and removing obvious distortions or asymmetries.  From the photos you provided, it appears that the tip is overprojected slightly which is accentuated by the bridge of your nose being too low.   To achieve the most desirable result, correction of both issues to create a more balanced appearance may be considered.  Also, the tip of your nose is slightly widened and boxy which could be improved with tip refining/narrowing procedures.  I also agree with the other reviewers that your chin appears underprojected which can make the nose appear even more prominent and the facial features unbalanced.  Ultimately, the best thing you can do is seek a personal consultation with experienced rhinoplasty surgeons who can more thoroughly explain your options.  Best of luck!

Pamela Henderson, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Nose Job?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nose is wide with a wide tip and a rotation that appears to be at the upper aesthetic limit of 115 degrees (makes it look short and upturned).  The chin is also weak which gives the false imnpression of the nose being over-projected.

A Chin Implant would balance the lower face while a Rhinoplasty would narrow and make the nose more feminine and refined.  Is this something that you "should do"?  This is a personal decision that only you can make.  Hope this helps.