A Nose Job? (photo)

Hello! Would you recommend a nose job? Thank you!

Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello and thank you for the photo,

I recommend always for the patients to be more informative by posting more photos for the nose and the face. For example, you better add frontal, bottom of the nose, and the top as well.

The other concern in nose surgery is to understand the patients concern, and to specify what is bothering him/her and focus on the problem. Afterwards, we as a surgeon we discuss these concerns, and add what else can be done for that nose or the face.

To answer your quick question and the single picture you posted, Yes, you need rhinoplasty for the hump on the bridge of the nose, elevating the columella to sharpen the angle a bit and decrease the septal show.

Take care

UAE Plastic Surgeon

Is rhinoplasty an option

+1

You could consider rhinoplasty to reshape your nose. The main question is whether there's anything that bothers you about your nose. Certainly there is a bump on your bridge that can be addressed in addition to your columella which is relatively prominent.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Am I a Good Candidate for Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)

+1

Examining the entire face is necessary (especially the chin), but based on this profile of your nose, you would be a great candidate for a rhinoplasty- depending on what you want to achieve and what bothers you.  Without knowing that,  I would recommend reducing the convexity (hump) along the dorsum, and conservatively reducing the columella (that's the middle part of the nose base as you look at it from below) to reduce the "hanging" quality that you can see at the nostrils from the side view.

Christopher R. Hove, MD
Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to improvement in the appearance and function of your nose.

+1

Your photo is limited, but you can see a dorsal hump, a hanging columella, and an underrotated tip. These issues may be improved with well-performed nose job surgery.

You may benefit from consulting several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to determine what might be best for you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I have rhinoplasty?

+1

If you are happy with your nose, the question should end there. Are there things that could be done to any of our noses to make them more ideal - sure. Your profile could be improved to have a more elegant appearance with lowering of the dorsum (other photos would be helpful), but ultimately it is important for you to want the change first ;-)

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Need for Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are not happy with the appearance of your nose you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty to reduce the size of your nose and improve definition. See an experienced surgeon to achieve a natural result.

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty is not recommended merely on the basis of a photo with no input. You are being unfair to the surgeons here by posting a photo without any background or complaint. The background info required is what bothers you about the nose and what do you want changed. We want a happy patient in the end. We do not operate just to operate.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Nose job inquiry

+1

M517,

Based on your photo, your nose can be operated upon in a straight forward manner. Lowering your nasal profile and elevating the nasal tip would really benefit your appearance. You might benefit from releasing this small muscle that runs from your upper lip into the tip of the nose which can cause your tip to drop with smiling.  Something to think about.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS