Should I Get a Nose Job?

im 14, and my nose is just huge, and before i start im not one of those vain, wants to be perfext kids, i just literally want to be normal, im so insecure, i have like no self-esteem, i walk round half the time with my hand covering my face and the rest of the time hiding so people cant see me from the side, i seriously have mega confidence issues, and really want something done, would any rhinoplasty surgeons be willing to do this and how much would i have to pay?

Rhinoplasty At 14 Years Of Age

+1

A rhinoplasty should not be considered with a SHOULD. Only the patient has the final say in whether a rhinoplasty is what he/she wants or not.

Nonetheless, at 14 years of age I believe that you may not have developed a mature nose yet and undergoing a rhinoplasty may not be of your best interest since your nose may exhibit slight but noticeable change.

If at the age of 15-16 you remain unsatisfied with the nose you have, then you may want to consult with board certified surgeons at the presence and the consent of one of your parents (or both). In-person examinations and discussion of your goals with surgeons of extensive experience will help you make a well-informed decision.

I hope this helps and thank you for your post.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Rhinoplasty and self esteem.

+1

If you have a very a unattractive nose than you would be helped with a rhinoplasty. If you have only slight issues than you may want to discuss this with a therapist and your parents before doing anything.

Rhinoplasty Surgery Consultation to Answer your Questions

+1

It is very difficult to give you an answer with out any photographs to determine what your actual needs are. I will tell you my experience as a Plastic Surgeon and that is that one of the reasons we are in this field is the fulfillment that we receive in helping people increase their self esteem through surgery. Fourteen is on the young side for Rhinoplasty and most of my youngest Rhinoplasty patients are sixteen. Many times as plastic surgeons we do procedures on younger patients due to bullying and teasing from their peers i.e., otoplasty (pinning of the ears) and other reconstructive procedures. If you would feel comfortable please feel free to send your photographs to my email address below and I will be happy to view those for you and give you an expert opinion. Please make sure since you are under age that this is something you are discussing with your parents and that you have their support in doing so. In the interim also remember that 'beauty comes from within" and while this easier said then understood especially at a formidable age of your teens do try and remind yourself of this! Wishing you happier days ahead!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com