Do I Need a Nose Job? What are My Options?

I don't like my nose. I feel like the tip of my nose is too low. Do I need a surgical nose job or do I have other options.

To Be or Rhinoplasty, That is the Question

Hi N,

If you do not like the appearance of your nose, yes, rhinoplasty is the answer.  The question is who should perform your surgey?  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  In your case, the tip of your nose attracts too much focus.  A nice nose gets out of the way of your other facial features, the focus of your face should be your eyes. See below web reference for some typical rhinoplasty results.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty options

In your case, there are fairly straightforward surgical options for improving the appearance of your nose involving refinement of the tip and reducing the length of the nose.

You will unfortunately not find a satisfactory non-surgical alternative for these problems.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Good candidate for a conservative approach

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. Your nose is the center of your face and the most subtle changes will reflect over your facial appearance quite well. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Do I need a nose job?

short answer yes a rhinoplasty is reasonable for improving the appearance of your nose. no, there aren't any other options. good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Surgical nose job to correct a low nasal tip

The rhinoplasty operation is a fantastic operation to feminize, refine, and make the nose more symmetrical. Typically the cartilages are softened, feminized, defined, and adjusted to fit and balance with the remainder of the nose and facial features. Any dorsal hump is removed. The bony sidewalls can be narrowed if necessary. We do not recommend any injectables placed inside the nose because of the complications that have occurred with that.  

Rhinoplasty will help.

Rhinoplasty can help to improve the tip. Review the options with someone highly experienced with the procedure. Not all doctors have the same expertise.

Phillip Langsdon, MD
Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and age

If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose, a rhinoplasty can certainly help to improve the appearance.

Deciding on a rhinoplasty procedure

No one needs a rhinoplasty. However, if the nose is the most prominent feature of your face and is wider in proportion or longer than the rest of your face, then the procedure can not only restore balance to your face but also make it less obvious to others. Certainly, in the photo you provided it appears disproportionate to your face in width and perhaps in length as well but the decision should be yours and not on the advice of others.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Nose Job?

If you want to improve the appearance of your nose a rhinoplasty will be necessary. Other options such as the injection of fillers will not give you a natural, refined result.

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may improve the appearance of your bulbous, droopy tip.

I read your concern, and reviewed your photo. There is no non-surgical approach to elevate the tip of your nose that you feel is too low. Well performed rhinoplasty surgery may result in a narrower, rotated tip, and improvement in your appearance. Please consult several rhinoplasty specialists to determine what would be best for you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon