Do I Need a Nose Job? What are My Options?

I don't like my nose. I feel like the tip of my nose is too low. Do I need a surgical nose job or do I have other options.

To Be or Rhinoplasty, That is the Question

+2

Hi N,

If you do not like the appearance of your nose, yes, rhinoplasty is the answer.  The question is who should perform your surgey?  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  In your case, the tip of your nose attracts too much focus.  A nice nose gets out of the way of your other facial features, the focus of your face should be your eyes. See below web reference for some typical rhinoplasty results.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty options

+2

In your case, there are fairly straightforward surgical options for improving the appearance of your nose involving refinement of the tip and reducing the length of the nose.

You will unfortunately not find a satisfactory non-surgical alternative for these problems.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Do I need a nose job?

+1

short answer yes a rhinoplasty is reasonable for improving the appearance of your nose. no, there aren't any other options. good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Surgical nose job to correct a low nasal tip

+1

The rhinoplasty operation is a fantastic operation to feminize, refine, and make the nose more symmetrical. Typically the cartilages are softened, feminized, defined, and adjusted to fit and balance with the remainder of the nose and facial features. Any dorsal hump is removed. The bony sidewalls can be narrowed if necessary. We do not recommend any injectables placed inside the nose because of the complications that have occurred with that.  

Rhinoplasty will help.

+1

Rhinoplasty can help to improve the tip. Review the options with someone highly experienced with the procedure. Not all doctors have the same expertise.

Phillip Langsdon, MD
Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and age

+1

If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose, a rhinoplasty can certainly help to improve the appearance.

Deciding on a rhinoplasty procedure

+1

No one needs a rhinoplasty. However, if the nose is the most prominent feature of your face and is wider in proportion or longer than the rest of your face, then the procedure can not only restore balance to your face but also make it less obvious to others. Certainly, in the photo you provided it appears disproportionate to your face in width and perhaps in length as well but the decision should be yours and not on the advice of others.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Nose Job?

+1

If you want to improve the appearance of your nose a rhinoplasty will be necessary. Other options such as the injection of fillers will not give you a natural, refined result.

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may improve the appearance of your bulbous, droopy tip.

+1

I read your concern, and reviewed your photo. There is no non-surgical approach to elevate the tip of your nose that you feel is too low. Well performed rhinoplasty surgery may result in a narrower, rotated tip, and improvement in your appearance. Please consult several rhinoplasty specialists to determine what would be best for you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty Options

+1

Your best answer will depend upon a surgeon analyzing your nose from a 180 degree perspective. Rhinoplasty is a sculptural operation and very dynamic in that the upper an lower parts of the nose should be balanced and the entire nose should be balanced to 'fit' your face. When you sit face to face with a surgeon you will be able to say what you are looking for and he/she will be able to tell you if that goal can be reasonably met. If you like what you're hearing during the consultation then see at least one other surgeon to make sure you're getting the same message. Nasal surgery is demanding and requires that the surgeon be highly artistic and possess a high level of technical skill. Choose the surgeon you feel will give you the results you want - even if that means seeing multiple physicians. Best of Luck

Jon F. Harrell, DO