I Had a Nose Job One Year Ago, and the Bridge Looks Like This and I Have Excruciating Pain, Options? (photos)

I see ridges and bumps on the bridge of my nose and i have throbbing pain on the bridge.

Revision would likely help with appearance and pain

+2

Long-term pain after rhinoplasty is uncommon.  Judging from your photos, it is likely related to the interaction of your relatively thin and contracted skin and the irregular sub-structure of the nose.  This is often worse when there is an alloplastic (foreign material) under the skin.  Correction would require removing the implant (if one is there), smoothing the sub-structure of the bridge, then placing a layer of fascia (fibrous soft tissue from your body) below the skin to provide some barrior between the thin skin covering and the infrastructure of the nose.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Irregular Bridge After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Did you have an implant of some sort on your bridge?? You can do a revision, file down the bridge and lay a piece of 1 mm gortex to smooth out any irregularities.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty for bridgeline irregularities

+2

The bridge line irregularities can be shaved or rasped down to give  a smoother contour along the bridge line. When patient's have thin skin, small little irregularities like this can show up months later after  the rhinoplasty during the healing process. They are usually quite easily shaved down, but this will require another general anesthesia. There is no guarantee that this will help with any nasal pain

Revision Rhinoplasty can be Tricky

+2

Changes after a rhinoplasty can take over a year to settle down.  However, the pain and irregularity seen on your photos is not usual.  Healing can be unpredictable.  You need to be seen and evaluated by an experienced surgeon who can better help you.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Irregular contour after rhinoplasty

+2

The picture quality is low, but there is significant irregularity noted.  In order to repair this a proper diagnosis is required: is the contour due to underlying structural irregularity or due to over-thinning of the skin and fibrofatty tissue?  This distinction is critical since the former is easily corrected while the latter, especially if there has been any vascular compromise, can be very challenging.

Be sure to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a broad experience with revision rhinoplasty.  Make sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Irregular Painful Bridge One Year Post Rhinoplasty

+2

The irregularity of the nasal bridge which is probably irritating the overlying skin can be corrected with a revision rhinoplasty. See an experienced surgeon who specIializes in revision surgery. A full set of pictures, as described on my website would help me make specific recommendations..

Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

The most important part in planning revision rhinoplasy is to know what was done the first time. Also you need an examination to assess the condition of the skin on the nose bridge. It seems you have injury to the skin and may have a major problem to correct the nose.

Need better photos

+2

Can you post some large photos, taken from different angles? The only thing we plastic surgeons have to go on here are your photos, so the more information you give us, the more we can help. 

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Had a Nose Job One Year Ago, and the Bridge Looks Like This and I Have Excruciating Pain, Options?

+1

It is a bit difficult to assess from the pictures if there is a skin envelope issue secondary to vascular injury or flap thinning or dissection issues - this may not be an easy fix.  If the only issue is irregularity of the underlying dorsum, this is an easy fix.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA