Second Nose Job - I Want to Reduce Nasal Bone Base Which is Meeting my Cheek Bone? (photo)

Do I Need Lateral or Medial Osteotomies? Can it shift Silicon implant (I had it inserted one year ago at first rhinoplasty ) ? Can it increase height ? If yes Do I need to remove implant ? Can it be done without touching other areas like tip , cartilage , septum ? Can I get flow from eyebrows to side walls of the nose ?

Revision rhinoplasty for medial and lateral osteotomies

+1

Medial osteotomies are  usually only needed when there is a wide nasal bones or an open roof deformity.  When patient's want to narrow the nasal sidewall junction with the cheek, lateral osteotomies are all that are required to be performed. Lateral osteotomies can be performed as stand-alone procedure while leaving a dorsal implant intact and not performing any tip surgery.Please see the link below to our rhinoplasty  photo gallery.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are seeking to decrease the height of the left nasal bone where it meets you cheek bone, it can be done without affecting your nasal tip.  However, because of your implant, it needs to be done very carefully to avoid dislodging it.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  Computer imaging will be a helpful tool to facilitate the communication with regards to the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Narrowing Junction of Cheeks and Nasal Bones

+1

The junction of the nasal bones and cheeks can be narrowed with lateral osteotomies. The implant can be repositioned and enlarged if necessary. Work on the tip, etc. can be avoided.