Do I Need A Nose Job? If So, Where Should I Start and Would my Insurance Cover That? (photo)

I'm really insecure about My nose. every time i look at my face , all i see is my big nose .. and I constantly get depress over that. My only fears on getting a nose job is that instead of making the nose look better it might look worst-( look At michael Jackson ) . So what what would be the steps on doing all that ?( where should i start?) .. lastly would my insurance cover all that or some portion of the bill?. okay thanks

Decision to have rhinoplasty (nose job) is up to the patient

+1

The decision to have a nose job is a personal one and should only be made by the patient.  A rhinoplasty is not a covered benefit under any insurance plan, so patients have to pay for the procedure themselves.  It is certainly possible to narrow the nasal tip, the sidewalls, and remove any hump in cosmetic rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty concerns

+1

Nasal appearance greatly affects the entire facial harmony and attractiveness. Your concerns about getting proper results after a nose job are well founded. Rhinoplasty is one of the more difficult and technique dependent procedures in plastic surgery. In our practice we use computer imaging to communicate with the patients as to expected outcome. This of course does not guarantee that your surgeon will be able to achieve this result. Make sure you see at least a few plastic surgeons in consultation, ask to see their work in photographs, may be even meet surgeon’s patient that had similar nose to yours. You have a very specific anatomic variant of nose, which requires very specific surgical maneuvers to achieve esthetically pleasing result. Insurance on occasion covers the functional component of nose surgery, in patients that have breathing difficulties.

Web reference: http://www.youtube.com/v/LLxEbkVRkh8?rel=0

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

First step in considering rhinoplasty

+1

Your first step should be to research a board certified plastic or cosmetic surgeon in your area who has a lot of experience with rhinoplasties. Make sure you see his/her before and after pictures. Simply looking at your picture on morphing software is not a good determinant of the surgeon's expertise. 
Insurance companies usually do not cover any part of a cosmetic nose surgery.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

First steps to take when considering rhinoplasty

+1

When performed properly by a skilled surgeon, rhinoplasty can yield a fantastic result. When choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon, it is important to do your homework and look for good credentials to ensure he or she is qualified. Preferably, they are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. A great start would be to go to the website for the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to find a board certified specialist in your area. You will also want to look at patient testimonials, before and after photos, and the office. Insurance will cover some or all of the functional portion of your surgery depending on the company. They do not generally cover any cosmetic improvements. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck! 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Rhinoplasty in Men

+1

a displeasing nose can affect a person's confidence and pysche. I recommend patients that want to get a nose job to do their research and consult with several doctors who specialize in rhinoplasty in order to find the appropriate plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.lanosesurgery.com/

Rhinoplasty consultation

+1

There are numerous way to find the right surgeon for you. A good way to start is by finding several qualified plastic surgeons and schedule your consultation with them. You can find a good list of qualified surgeons from American Society of Plastic Surgeons or American Society of Facial Plastic Surgeons. A good consultation will give you a solid treatment plan that makes sense and address your need. As far as insurance coverage is concerned, you need to check with your insurance carrier since not all insurance plans are the same. Most insurance will cover surgery performed to improve your breathing but not for appearance.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Will insurance cover my rhinoplasty?

+1

Insurance will not cover any part of a rhinoplasty performed to change the shape or appearance of your nose. Even if you can document that this causes issues with self esteem, unfortunately, your insurance will consider the procedure cosmetic and not a covered benefit. The best first step would be to schedule a consultation with a local rhinoplasty expert. You can find several through RealSelf and most will offer a complimentary consultation to RealSelf users. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Insurance coverage varies.

+1

The insurance will only cover breathing problems caused by septal deviation, etc. The best place to start is to consult with experienced rhinoplasty surgeons that do noses you like.