I Got a Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) October 21st, 2011 and I Am Not Thrilled with the Results?

The bridge of my nose is thinner but my tip seems to still be bulbous (the reason why I got surgery in the first place - to get rid of it!). Not to mention, one nostril is different than the other. My nose looks asymmetrical and I am severely depressed because of the outcome. My nose would look great if the tip would be smaller (hopefully in time it will due to swelling) and if the indent on my right nostril would disappear. The left is circular and the right is triangular. What do I do?

Decision re Need for Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

First, I'm sorry that you're not satisfied with the result of your rhinoplasty but wait another 4-6 months before making a decision about getting a revision because swelling in some patients will continue to decrease for 12-18 months especially in the tip.

What To Do If You Are Unhappy With the Results 8 Months After a Rhinoplasty

+1

8 months after surgery there may still be a small amount of swelling remaining, although the amount of swelling remaining is likely very small, meaning that you nose will probably not change much more. Rhinoplastys are the most difficult of the facial plastic surgery procedures and because of this have the highest revision rate. At this point you have 2 options. You could go back to your surgeon, explain what is disappointing you, and see what kind of a feeling you get from them as to the likelihood of making it look the way you want with a revision surgery. They may be in the best position to do the revision given that they know exactly what was done previously. Your second option would be to find  another surgeon for a second opinion. This surgeon needs to be someone who doe s a lot of rhinoplastys, specifically revision rhinoplasty. Interview several surgeons, look at photos of their revision work, talk to some of their patients who have had a revision rhinoplasty done by them, and have computer imaging done as a part of the consultation in order to be sure that the surgeon knows exactly what you are looking for and to find out the likelihood of getting that exact result. This way you will figure out where you feel most comfortable and should make the right decision regarding further surgery. Good luck.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty can be done to correct the shape of the nose.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty can be done to correct the shape of the nose. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Revision Rhinoplasty Required

+1

After reading your post, it seems that you would benefit from a corrective rhinoplasty.

Commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon for the procedure.

So, I recommend that you consult with board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will be able to guide you to make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com