Do I need a nose job? If so then what procedure do you suggest? (photo)

I want to get a nose job, but I am still on the fence about it, I know for sure my nose is too big for my face. Do you advise me to get one? If so then please go further into details.

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1

Only you can answer the question as to whether or not you should get a nose job. Do not let anybody talk you into  the procedure. it is important to have very specific goals in mind on your nose when you visit your surgeon  so that you can explain exactly what you would like. Shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge of the osteotomies and some mild trimming of the tip cartilages can affect some subtle changes in the nose. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty  photo gallery

Do I need a nose job? If so then what procedure do you suggest?

+1
The dorsum, columella and tip can be refined to produce a natural result through a closed rhinoplasty approach.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty would be ok

+1
While you do not show a profile pricture, it appears that the lower aspect of the roof of your nose projects outward a bit much, while the columella and infra-tip lobule (the portions below the tip that go down to your lip) hang down a bit much, while the ala (the edge of the nostril) is slightly pulled up.  All of the these would be correctable with conservative surgery.  Yes, go for it!  But see a surgeon with a lot of experience in rhinoplasty.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon