I'm 18 and have always hated my nose. Should I get Rhinoplasty to make my nose straighter and smaller? (photo)

Hi, I'm 18 years old and I've always hated my nose. I'm thinking about rhinoplasty and I just wondered what your opinion about my nose is. Should I get a nose nob to make my nose straighter and a bit smaller? Thank you!

Rhinoplasty candidate for dorsal hump reduction

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can make the nose straighter and smaller and less projecting. The decision to perform the procedure can only be made by you. The dorsal hump is composed of bone and cartilage must be shaved down. This will also help de-project the nose as well as removal of the hump. Osteotomies of the nasal bones will help narrow and straighten them. A tip rhinoplasty will also be required to re-fine the nasal tip cartilages.  

I'm 18 and have always hated my nose. Should I get Rhinoplasty to make my nose straighter and smaller?

+1
   If you want the hump reduced and the overall size reduced, rhinoplasty would be very helpful.  You will have to decide if surgery is right for you.

Rhinoplasty

+1
If you desire enhancing your appearance with rhinoplasty, then your concerns can be addressed to make the nasal tip more refined and the nose straighter.  However, it is a personal decision.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and help you communicate with your surgeon your desired outcome.

Kimberly Lee, MD