Can I Get a Better Nose Job if I Pay More Money?

Can you get a better Nose Job if you'll pay more money? For example, there are 2 persons. They both don't have thick skin, their noses are similar and they want to have same changes. But one pays, for example, $8.000 and the second pays $20.000. Can he get a better rhinoplasty?

Cost of a Rhinoplasty

+1

Great question.

Paying more money does not mean that you will receive a better surgical result. The skill and qualifications of the surgeon are major determining factors as to the result that you will receive. Each medical practice has their own fee schedule.  There generally is a Doctor fee, Operating Room fee and an Anesthesia fee.

Dr. David Alessi

Results and Cost of Rhinoplaasty

+1

Don't shop just price when selecting a rhinopasty surgeon. the best is not necessarily the most expensive. However, the cheapest is probably not the best. Cost is just one parameter when selecting your surgeon.

Get what you pay for with rhinoplasty?

+1

You can't necessarily assume that the surgeon who charges the most in your area is the best at rhinoplasty. A lot of factors go into the pricing for surgery. I wouldn't focus too much on price as most surgeons are usually within a pretty close range within a particular city. This is your face afterall. I would pay more attention to the surgeon's actual results and whether you like their overall aesthetic.

I would watch out for someone who is charging a lot less than everyone else. That's usually a warning sign.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty and cost

+1
The answer is no. I personally do several rhinoplasty procedures weekly and I try and keep my costs down to help my patients and make it reasonable for them especially during these economic times. A good rhinoplasty is related to the surgeon and his expertise. The best thing to do is go in for several consultations and look through the surgeons before and after pictures. You should see many different types of noses and the important factor is looking at these photos and seeing a good aesthetic result that matches the patients features. Each individual patients anatomy is unique and it is important to have a well balanced and aesthetically pleasing result. You want a nose that looks like you were born with it and not a "done" nose. Since I do so many rhinoplasty surgeries I always have four or five rhinoplasty recheck patients in my waiting room in various stages of recovery. These patients are always happy to discuss their procedure and their experience with consulting patients. I also use a digital imaging computer which allows me to take front and side views of the consulting patient and I can show the patient the proposed surgical result prior to their procedure. This works especially well with noses as it allows the patient to see what they will look like with the proposed surgery.best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Cost of plastic surgery and results

+1

The costs vary but in general, the busier and better the doctor, the more they charge.  This is not universally true though as many newcomers try to imply that they are the top person by charging the most.  So never go for the low ball guy but not always the highest price either.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty cost

+1

One of the most important factors in choosing a surgeon is his sense of aesthetic, the work he does, and the type of practice he specializes in-in your case rhinoplasty.

If you hypothetically visit two doctors, you like their work, you are confident about their credentials and you are only going to decide on price, the the $12,000.00 is not not going to guarantee you a better result.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon