Nose Job 5 Months Before my Wedding? Is It a Good Idea?

Im getting married on january and im thinking about having a nose job on august. is it a good idea? or its beter to wait after wedding?? my nose is so big (profile)with a bump...i always feel so bad about my nose and others rude comments...

Nose job 5 months before wedding

+1

Although, it is certainly acceptable to undergo a rhinoplasty 5 months prior to your wedding, remember that there is still a 10% chance of having to do a minor touchup if it does not heal quite perfectly.  Since rhinoplasty does take several months to heal, it is best to have the surgery performed sooner rather than later so as not to give additional stress during the wedding planning.

Rhinoplasty and wedding photos

+1

If you are concerned about the size of your nose, you might consider having the surgery prior to your wedding as typical reduction rhinoplasties result in improvement. Even if the final result takes up to one year, it should be improved by the time wedding photographs are taken. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries and IMHO, why risk your nose not being fully healed after a Rhinoplasty on one of the most important days of your life?  Rhinoplasty is rarely fully healed at 5 months (more likely 6-9 months) and the stress of an upcoming wedding surely won't help the healing process.  IMHO, I'd wait until after the wedding and things settle down.  

Congratulations

+1

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. In general, you should be fine to undergo a rhinoplasty about five months before your ceremony. Obviously the complexity of the procedure  may alter this advice. Follow up after your procedure is very important to make sure any swelling is down in time for pictures, etc. 

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Job 5 Months before Wedding

+1

Having a rhinoplasty 5 months before your wedding will allow plenty of time for recovery.

Be sure to pick an experienced surgeon so you get a natural result with minimum time for recovery. Congratulations!  Other members of the panel and myself would like to see a wedding photograph with your new nose.