Would a Nose Job Improve the Ratio Symmetry of my Face? (photo)

I've always felt like I've had a big nose, disproportionate to the rest of my facial features. However, I am not familiar with what would be the optimal nose size for my face. Would a leaner nose help even out the features of my face? (I think that my cheeks are a little too fat but that's a entirely different issue)

You have a well-proportioned face. Consider these limitations to rhinoplasty.

+1

The picture is helpful, although, because you are smiling, one can often get a distorted sense of proportion.  It is typical for all noses to be effected by smiling.  For some, the tip depresses, on others the wings, or ala (the side part of the nostrils) of the core are pulled up and out by the smile, making the lower part of the nose look wider, so it is a little difficult to tell. But, based on what you show, I do not feel your nose is disproportionately large to your face. 

Also, to understand the importance of what is feasible for patients with ethnic noses, the rules are different for each face, and they are particularly different for ethnic patients considering rhinoplasty

My long experience has taught me that when dealing with ethnic noses, less is better.  An overdone ethnic nose tends to look unnatural and, therefore, not in sync with the rest of the face. 

I encourage you to visit cosmetic plastic surgery websites and get an idea of changes that are done in patients of multiple ethnicities so you can get a better sense of my advice. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Rhinoplasty and facial balance

+1

It is very hard to tell from one photo what would be best for you. You really need to go for an evaluation in person.

Rhinoplasty questions

+1

Very difficult to tell if a rhinoplasty would be beneficial in your particular situation.  A consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon would be helpful.  

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

You have a nose that matches you face in the frontal view provided.  Tip support and narrowing overall may improve your aesthetics.  The best way to investigate this would be to find a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with ethnic rhinoplasty.  You should be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures to gauge the expertise of your prospective surgeon.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Would a Nose Job Improve the Ratio Symmetry of my Face?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the photo provided is too small and you're smiling making it difficult to evaluate facial shape.  For men, the face should be angular which equates to ruggedly handsome.  The nose can always be streamlined with a Rhinoplasty but without the proper shaped cheeks, chin and jaw line flare it will not make you more handsome.

+1

I think that reducing the size of the tip and the width of the nose will improve the face in the manner in which you describe.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Virtual rhinoplasty for big nose and symmetry

+1

it is impossible to give it in opinion regarding a rhinoplasty with only one  far away frontal view. To get an idea of what a new nose might look like on  your face, try our Virtual Rhinoplasty software  located on our website. Use high-resolution close-up pictures from  the side, three-quarter, and front views and then judge for yourself.

Affect of rhinoplasty on the face

+1

Rhinoplasty will definitely affect the facial aesthetics more so in patients with disproportionate noses. The only way to have some idea, is to have a computer imaging.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will a rhinoplasty improve your face

+1

Of course the way to know how rhinoplasty will affect your face is to try things out on paper first. We like computer imaging and simulation to get the best idea of just how changes will work with your face.

Is Nose Proportional to the Rest of My Facial Features?

+1

Facial proportions are very important when evaluating a patient for handsomeness or beauty. I need to see more pictures to answer your question. Please go to my website for instructions on the views necessary to evaluate your nose and face.