Would a Nose Job Improve the Overall Look of my Face? (photo)

Hello, I am a 15 year old that is interested in possibly pursuing operation later in high school, most likely before entering college. My concern is that my nose has a dorsal bump near the top in addition to a bulbous tip. I think that both the professional opinion from a physician on this website paired with the comprehensive review of one other than myself could help me evaluate the necessity for rhino plastic reduction. Please help determine what would be the best choice for me.

Rhinoplasty and the teenage male

+1

It would be best to wait until you are at least 16 years old. With that in mind your nose is somewhat large for your face but your final height should also be taken into consideration before you consider straightening the profile and reducing the size of the nose. The tip is somewhat bulbous and can be refined but I would recommend waiting until you are done growing.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty minimum age 17

+1

It is probably best to wait age 17 for undergoing a rhinoplasty. One of the common goals to during the time of the rhinoplasty is to address large hump reduction which involves shaving both bone and cartilage  off the hump and high radix  in  addition to osteotomies  that will narrow the  bridge. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website to give you an idea what your new nose might look like.

Would a Nose Job Improve the Overall Look of my Face?

+1

First, you need be older, second, yes, a rhinoplasty will help you.

Translation provided by doctor:

Primero, usted necesita tener mas edad, segundo, si, una rinoplastia lo ayudara.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to enhance the face

+1

Without looking at other views of your face, it appears that you have a well developed face that may undergo some soft tissue changes over the next couple of years but the decision to wait for 2 years to have surgery is a good one.  A skillfully performed Rhinopladty to remove the hump and make the nose more proportional will definitely enhance the appearance of your nose.  Pick an experienced Rhinopladty surgeon who can show you lots of before and after photos of his/her patients.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment and Timing for Large Nose in Male Teenager

+1

Hi J,

You are a candidate for rhinoplasty.  I agree that you can wait until before you go to college.  We generally prefer to wait until you stop growing before performing rhinoplasty.  Most importantly, continue to do your homework and choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty in young men

+1

At 15 you are probably still growing. It is probably best to wait until you are 17 or 18 when you have fullly grown before undergoing a rhinoplasty. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty in the young male for large nasal hump, etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty in the young male for large nasal hump, etc. Is done when you are 17 or 18 years of age. Your nose will probably change very little in the interim but it's always possible it could grow a small amount in males between 15 and 18. The hump can be removed and the tip refined and will give you a much better aesthetic result. Choose is a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best natural result.

Cosmetic rhinoplasty is never a necessity.

+1

You mentioned several features of your nose that you dislike. These are correctable surgically. If this sort of change makes you feel better about yourself rhinoplasty is probably worth it but not a necessity. As you are 15 years of age your parents are going to have to agree with this.