Can a Nose Job Improve my Slightly Crooked and Bulbous Nose?

I'm afraid of a non-natural looking Rhinoplasty result. I prefer to have my own nose without the imperfections (straight and more refined) so that nobody will notice I've had a correction. Should this be possible or do I risk to make it worse?

Rhinoplasty will improve slightly crooked bulbous nose

+1

In experienced rhinoplasty hands, it is very rare to have a nose that looks worse than where it started. There are always extremely minor imperfections of the nose even after any type of rhinoplasty surgery. A bulbous tip can be addressed, feminized, and refined through tip suturing techniques, removal of cartilage, to refine and feminize the nasal tip. It is important to make sure the tip balances with the remainder of the nose.

Natural Rhinoplasty

+1

Good rhinoplasty surgery is about finesse. Although the deviation is obvious, in addition to straightening your nose subtle refinements should be done to achieve a natural result. There is risk with any surgery, but I would encourage you to have the rhinoplasty. In experienced hands, it is reasonable to expext an improved, natural result.

A Natural Looking Nose is the Sign of an Excellent Rhinoplasty

+1

The challenge with our nose and face is that you are already beautiful and have great facial proportions ,therefore, a true Finesse Rhinoplasty is essential to maintain your appearance. You can improve your nose by straightening the dorsum and refining the nasal tip using only your own cartilage without any need for any visible tip grafts which can distort your tip long term.

The Key Element is to find an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon who will provide you with a finesse refinement only and not change your overall facial appearance. This type of rhinoplasty is among the most difficult noses that I perform in the primary rhinoplasty patient.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Crooked nose with bulbous tip needs cartilage grafting

+1

Your nose can be improved with cartilage grafting to the bridge and reduction of the tip cartilages. It would be helpful to see the profile as I suspect you will require tip projection, as well.

Jay Calvert, MD

Rhinoplasty for a crooked nose and bulbous tip

+1

A crooked nose requires the adjustment of the underlying supporting cartilage and bone. It is important to determine if there is any breathing problems or nasal obstruction from the crooked nose.

It is also important for the plastic surgeon to share before and after photos as well as having performed many rhinoplasties. The final goal is a natural appearing nose that is straighter and a less bulbous tip.

I would recommend a consultation with more than one plastic surgeon.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Natural-looking Rhinoplasty is possible with current techniques

+1

Your nose is cute! However, there is room for refinement.

With current rhinoplasty techniques, and especially philosophy, it is possible to obtain natural looking results.

I recommend a board certified plastic surgeon or ENT surgeon who has a special interest in rhinoplasty. Look at before and after photos to see if you like the results. Remember, once the surgery is done, there is no turning back!

Good luck.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Nose job improves crooked nose and bulbous tip

+1

A good rhinoplasty can improve both and make your nose look more natural than it does now. The key word here is "good". Not all surgeons are created equal so the most important thing is for you to find a surgeon who does more rhinoplasties than any other surgical procedure he performs. If that is the case, most of his previous rhinoplasty patients must have been satisfied or he wouldn't be dong that many rhinoplasties.

Jack P. Gunter, MD

Properly done Rhinoplasty should help you achieve your goals with a natural appearance

+1

Since your nose has relatively minor imperfections, correction with a rhinoplasty should provide the improvements you are looking for, with the changes still appearing to be subtle. You and your plastic surgeon will appreciate the difference, while most people might not notice or comment, other than to say how nice you look. I would prefer an open rhinoplasty to best shape the tip, and I think that you would likely need osteotomies (to have the bones broken) in order to achieve the straightness you desire.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are concerned about a wide bulbous tip, then a tip rhinoplasty is probably all that you need. This can be done very elegantly and leave you with a natural looking nose.

Natural rhinoplasty

+1

Yes. You have a "crooked" nose that is a bit wide, with a bulbous and sub-optimally defined tip. You can indeed get the nose you want. Be sure to express your goals to your ps, and look at his pictures.

Scott E. Kasden, MD