Nose job for otherwise pretty 10th grader? (photos)

So, basically ive wanted a nose job my whole life, Im otherwise kinda beautiful but I got my grandpas jewish nose... im naturally thin, have great hair eyes, teeth etc. the only uuuuggglllllyyy thing is my nose, and I feel like it stops me from feeling pretty; it gets bigger in pix darkens my face etc. should I get a nose job?

Nose surgery under 18

+1
Hi Jewgirl,

Since you are still under 18, I would recommend that your wait until you come of age because our nasal growth center matures at 18-19 years old. For my assessment however, it can be noted that your nose have a large bridge with big tip that is not well defined along with inadequate tip projection. The skin on the tip also looks relatively thick. All these issues should be addressed to obtain an optimum result but again, it will be best to consult a surgeon once you're already 18 years old or above.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for Teen

+1
You need to engage your parent's support -- I do many nose jobs for teenagers. This is one of my favorite surgical procedures. It creates better balance among your facial features and can be done as an out-patient with a quick recovery. See a qualified board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. But if you are under 18 you need parental consent.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Nose job for otherwise pretty 10th grader?

+1
Best to see a few boarded rhinoplasty surgeons with your parents in person so you cash determine if you are a candidate... 

+1
The tip as well as the bridge can be reduced in size to create better balance. This can be done as a closed rhinoplasty.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1
Based on the photo you provided and the description of feeling toward your nose-- you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Nose-- is the first facial feature people notice. Not everyone's nose fits their face. There's def a lot of room for improvement in your case. Make sure to find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in noses and is a true artist. Look at their 'before" and "after " pictures. Rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging procedures  and in the right hands- is one of the most rewarding. So do your research-- it's always better to get it right the first time!

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

+1
Well it's great that you have such self-confidence first of all!  So good for you.  Second, the decision to have a rhinoplasty is a very personal one.  A well done rhinoplasty on an otherwise attractive person (except for their nose) can make a huge difference in their attractiveness.  Also, if a person is truly bothered by their nose, typically they will be bothered by it their entire life if they decided to do nothing.  It may wax and wane at times during one's life, but will not go away.  You should seek consultation with computer simulation with a facial aesthetic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to discuss your desires and review your options.  Best of luck!

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Your nose is the central part of your face

+1
Rhinoplasty can go a long way in helping to accentuate your other attractive features. One of my professors taught that the sign of a good rhinoplasty is in the eyes. An unattractive nose is distracting. Once the nose fits your face, your eyes will shine. The best thing to do is see a rhinoplasty expert for a consultation. Computer imaging, especially Vectra 3-D is very helpful.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

"Should I get a nose job?"

+1
Well, based on your feeling towards your nose you absolutely should. Objectively you can benefit from rhinoplasty as well: you have a dorsal hump which can be lowered, your tip would benefit from more rotation (increasing the angle between the tip and the lip) and it could be defined better as well. Get a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist to go over the options. 

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Nose job for teenager

+1
You definitely a candidate for a rhinoplasty that will put your nose in balance with with your entire face.  In addition,you would benefit from enhance definition to the tip of your nose. Please contact a board certified plastic surgeon for an in depth consultation to go over your desires.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Nasal Tip Question

+1
You see, what I see. Your nose lacks tip definition and refinement. Since you want a nicer nose, you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with lots of experience with rhinoplasty.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon