Do I Need a Nose Job? How Extensive Would the Corrections Needed Be? (photo)

I feel that the tip protrudes too far and the columella hangs a bit low. Also, the septum is slightly crooked, giving my nose a crooked appearance.

Is Rhinoplasty for Me?

+2

Hello. All of the issues that you have mentioned can be addressed by an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to give you a beautiful, elegant nose. It is important that the doctor you choose has experience with rhinoplasty surgeries. Good luck!

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

A Great Candidate For A Multifaceted Rhinoplasty

+2

Thank you for sharing your photos for your inquiry.

Let me start by mentioning that it is only the patient's decision to go on with a rhinoplasty out of an aesthetic elective and not a need-based perspective.

Therefore, it is imperative that you consult with board certified surgeon of ample experience in the field who will examine you and help you make a well informed decision.

Considering the fact that you are self-aware of your nasal irregularities (well pointed out) shows that you are looking for a permanent solution to fix what you do not like with your nose, hence a rhinoplasty is the way to go.

So, it seems that with a nasal tip de-projection/reduction and a septo-rhinoplasty you could achieve a smaller and a better fit nose that will complement your facial features and bring the best of your facial beauty to a different level.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Excellent assessment of your nose!

+2

You have done a very accurate assessment of your nose. It is indeed crooked, over projected with a hanging columella. You require a septorhinoplasty to correct these deformities.Despite what many people feel about rhinoplasty, the time of recovery does not really correlate with how much 'work" you had done. Generally, even with osteotomies, patients are able to return to work in 7-10 days, however mild swelling may persist for several months afterwards.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Nose Job? How Extensive Would the Corrections Needed Be?

+2

Aesthetically speaking from I can see form the photos, the nasal tip is wide and I suspect over-projected however a side (profile) view is required to make that determination as well as evaluate the existence of a dorsal hump.  The presence of either, of these, will require additional techniques be performed during the Rhinoplasty.  Removal of a dorsal hump will require breaking the bones.  

Rhinoplasty typically takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, I do not use any nasal packing after the Rhinoplasty but do apply tape and a wafered plastic cast that is removed at 1 week.  The procedure is not painful (I block the entire nose with a long acting local anesthetic) but you will experience a dull ache for a day or so that's well controilled with analgesics.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Your posted photos have bracketing and are shot at angles that do not allow full assessment of your current condition. The degree of asymmetry/crookedness of your nose is difficult to assess. In addition to tip asymmetry the columella appears to hang low but there could be a component of nostril rim retraction. That is best determined in a side view, which is a photo you have not posted. Columella protrusion is usually treated with some combination of trimming the bottom edge of the septum cartilage and removal/set back of the nasal spine. Without better photos or a face to face examination it is impossible to say who extensive or expensive the surgery would be.

You do not need a nose job unless you currently have problems breathing through it. You can change the look of your nose if you wish though by undergoing a rhinoplasty surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty in Morristown NJ

+2

I agree that your tip is over projected and a couple of other issues that could be discussed during a consultation. Your would also need a demonstration by computer simulation. The price is dependent on what needs to be done. A complete analysis of your nose is the first step and you might require an open rhinoplasty. Don't make the price be your deciding factor.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Surgery

+2

Yes I believe your assessment is partially correct and you would be an excellent candidate for surgery. Without a direct examination it is difficult to determine whether your septum is deviated. With that said you do have asymmetry in your tip that needs correction and all of these issues would be discussed in length in a consultation appointment. I do use a digital imaging computer during my consultations which allows me to show the patient their proposed surgical result and discuss the procedures that would need to be done to attain this result. I hope this is helpful and thank you for your inquiry. Best regards! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Need for a Nose Job

+2

I don't know if you "need" a nose job but you certainly can improve the appearance of your nose with a rhinoplasty. I basically agree with your concerns but I also feel you have an asymmetrical tip and base of your nose. Better pictures would be very helpful; go to my website for directions on the nasal views necessary for nasal evaluation and then submit them to us.