Would a Nose Job Be Complicated Following Several Years of Insufflation?

This is embarrassing but I'm just going to be blunt and get it over with. I insufflated oxycontin for several years and developed a pretty bad habit. I quit 2 years ago and have been researching rhinoplasty as I have hated my large nose since high school. I saw an ENT who told me I have no apparent damage, just a big bulbous nose (thanks, dad). Should I be concerned about getting rhino, specifically tip reduction and alarplasty?

Risk avoided

+1

I'm glad to hear you are sober.  Inhaling nouxcious substances can result in significant structural issues with ones nose the most common being a septal perforation.  An ENT or rhinoplasty surgeon can evaluate someone's nose to rule this out. Sounds like you would be a good candidate to address your cosmetic concerns with a rhinoplasty. 

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Needs a nasal examination

+1

If your nasal examination is indeed normal there should be no elevated risk to a cosmetic nasal surgery.  When you go for a consultation with an experienced nasal surgeon about this, be sure to disclose the prior history.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after Several Years of Oxycontin Insufflation

+1

If the examination of your nose was normal as you implied there is minimal risk of complications after oxycontin insufflation. There is even less risk if your surgery is limited to the tip and the alar base. 

Rhinoplasty for tip reduction and alarplasty

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing different views of your nose.  Use of Oxycontin may or may not have affected your nose - hard to tell without an exam

Sam Naficy, MD