Nose Job and Chin Surgery? (photo)

So I was thinking I would get a nose job: shave down the dorsal hump, and fix the drooping tip. Also at the top of my nose, there is a bit of a concave... so I was going to fix that. How do I go about doing that? Also, I want to redo my chin. I feel as if it is too long vertically, and a weird shape (It starts to decrease from the bottom of my mouth towards my chin like so: \_ I'd like my chin to be in a straight like like this: | What do you think of the edit I've done? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Rhinoplasty and Chin Surgery

+1

Hi,

You have already started the process of looking into rhinoplasty and possibly chin surgery. You should review surgeon websites and consult with ones that you like. You can also send your photos to be image using the link below to get a better idea of what your nose can look like after the surgery.

Dr.S.

Subtle rhinoplasty works

+1

You have a pretty good chin in the profile. The nose can be improved in the dorsal hump area. A subtle improvement will look good without making it look artificial.

Chin augmentation will not add much to your profile.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Have an in person consultation

+1

The photos are not great -- go get an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in doing noses. I commonly do chins with noses.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Combining a Rhinoplasty procedure with chin surgery can have a powerful effect on your profile,

+1

and should often be considered together.  In a true profile view if you draw a straight down your face the base of the nose should reach the tip of the chin.  Augmenting a retruded chin can help make the nose look (relatively) smaller, and helps improve the results of the Rhinoplasty.  Not everyone who would benefit from a Rhinoplasty needs surgery on the chin, but it is always worth evaluating and considering. 

Michael H. Rosenberg, MD
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Nose Job and Chin Surgery

+1

Your goals are very reasonable. A full set of pictures of your nose would be helpful. Our website has instructions on the ideal views to submit for nasal evaluation. The ideal way to determine what can and should be done to improve your nose is to have a consultation with an experienced surgeon whose results you like.