23 Year Old Female with Bulbous Nose - Advice?

I'm a 23 year old girl.I feel I have a bulbous nose, could I get some opinions please xx

Bulbous Nasal Tip- How to Treat?

+3

Narrowing a bulbous nasal tip is one of the most common maneuvers during rhinoplasty.  The key to success is to first determine how narrow the tip should be.  This is based on the width of the upper and lower portions of the nose as well as the width of the face as a whole.  Next it is to identify the source of the bulbousity.  A bulbous nasal tip can be caused by either a thick skin envelope or wide and prominent cartilage or both.  Once the source is identified, the proper maneuvers are applied to narrow the tip into an aesthetically pleasing configuration. The overall effect on face following tip refinement can be very powerful and positive.  

Good Luck, 

Dr. Karam

WWW.Drkaram.com for more information. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide tip or bulbous tips can be nicely reshaped with rhinoplasty

+1

Your photo does demonstrate a slight increased width of the tip of your nose which can be nicely reshaped by tip rhinoplasty.  Frequently doing the tip only is possible but inf themiddle third of your nose is wide the contouring may also require some alteration to the middle third.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous nose can be refined

+1

The bulbous tip is addressed through multiple different tip refinement techniques during the rhinoplasty procedure. Some of these techniques are suturing of the nasal tip cartilages, sometimes removing excess tip cartilage, and/or harvesting any cartilage grafts that may be needed. Make sure that the new tip will balance with the remainder of the nose after the rhinoplasty procedure. It is also important to address any preexisting nasal airway issues prior to making the nose smaller. This reduction can be done through both closed and open rhinoplasty depending upon your surgeon’s preference.  

Bulbous nose

+1

A bulbous nose is a good problem to be corrected by a rhinoplasty. However it is the kind of problem best done by an experienced rhinoplsty surgeon. I say this because it is the kind of nose that will often look "done" as a result, if great care and experience are not used. Sometimes the problem is caused by the poor shape of the lower lateral cartiledges and sometimes the problem is the result of thick skin and underlying fatty tissue. Both elements can also be in play. Looking at your pictures you appear to have thin skin and mostly a boxy cartilage shape to you lower lateral cartilages. Appropriate reshaping of the lower lateral cartilages should get you the result you desire. Also, a bulbous rhinoplasty (tip rhinoplasty) can sometimes be done as a simple tip rhinoplasty in 30 minutes under valium and local anesthesia (Xylocaine). Easy I.V. sedation can also be done if preffered by the patient. Most important is to get a narrower tip and not a "done" looking tip for a result

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous or Wide Tip Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Hi 352611anon in UK,

Refining a wide or bulbous nasal tip is a common request for rhinoplasty surgery, other than reducing a bump. The tip of the nose is made of cartilage and skin. The bulbous tip is commonly due to excess tip cartilage, which may be narrowed & contoured to improve nasal & facial balance. Tip rhinoplasty may be performed via endonasal (closed) or external (open) approach. Only after a consultation by a rhinoplasty surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you best of luck.

Dr. C

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of the Bulbous Tip: Rhinoplasty with Tip Reshaping

+1

The bulbous tip is a common descriptive tern used in rhinoplasty surgery and fortunately has a reliable method of correction. The nasal tip is shaped by the underlying cartilage framework and the overlying skin. Usually, at the minimum for correction, it would require an open rhinoplasty with cartilage reshaping and possible addition of strength tot he tip with a cartilage graft, coupled with sutures to help narrow the tip. This is commonly combined with removal of fatty tissue in the tip of the nose as well.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Bulbous nose

+1

If you have a bulbous nasal tip, you can certainly refine it a bit with a surgical nasal tip procedure.

Bulbous Nose

+1

You are not alone.  Many people are very attractive but have small areas which bother them - like a bulbous tip of their nose.  A rhinoplasty procedure would be very beneficial for you - excision of some cartilage and narrowing of the tip can have a very nice effect.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

+1

I agree that it is difficult to comment based on one photo taken from the base up.  However, it does appear that you have a "boxy" tip that would likely appear wide or bulbous when seen from the front.   This is likely from convexity of the cartilages that make up the tip.  A rhinoplasty could reshape the cartilages and narrow the tip.  The result as seen from below would be a more triangular appearance.   Good luck!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

23 Year Old Female with Bulbous Nose

+1

Thanks for the attempted photo. I would recommend a tip rhinoplasty based upon that poorly posted photo. But a real in person evaluation is needed. Best of luck