I had a nose job 28 years ago (age 17) and now have a piece of cartilage growing from the tip of my nose. Can this be removed?

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
If you have cartilage or an implant extruding from the tip of your nose, I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon immediately.  You will most likely need removal of the cartilage or implant before you develop a large nose wound and scar.  I often replace the extruded implant or cartilage with an autologous graft (a patient's own tissue) to maintain the shape and also provide a healthy wound environment for the nose to heal.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
Yes, assymetries resulting from previous rhinoplasty surgery can be corrected with revision. Speak to a rhinoplasty surgeon about your concerns.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

This would be difficult to answer without pictures or an exam.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.