Nose Injury 3 Days Post Rhinoplasty: Now Apparent at 12 Months

I had a knock to the left side of my nose at 3 days post Septo-Rhinoplasty and as swelling subsided, I began to notice the effects of the hit. I am now 12 months post op and need a revision to correct/realign bone and/or upper lateral cartilage?

The inside of my left nostril feels a bit "squished". My left lower cartilage also seems out of place. Please refer to my photos and advise me on how these issues can be corrected from internally. Thank you

Revision Rhinoplasty would be required

+1

Revision Rhinoplasty would be required to correct these issues.  You appear to have an open roof deformity with a lateral shift of the left nasal bone, hanging columella partially due to alar retraction bilaterally.  Medial and lateral osteotomies and a columellar tuck would correct these issues IMHO.

Revision options

+1

Ideally you would need a spreader graft on the collapsed side as well as grafts to correct alar retraction.

Sam Naficy, MD

Nasal revision

+1

At one year if you perceive a problem you should have an evaluation with an experienced surgeon.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Nose Injury 3 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Although you may have injured your nose 3 days after your rhinoplasty, there are several things that could be done to improve appearance and function. You have an inverted "V" deformity on the left side which will probably require a spreader graft. I cannot see the "flat dorsum" on the pictures, but this may indicate an open roof deformity which would be treated by repositioning the nasal bones. The dorsal profile needs adjustment. You have both a hanging columella and alar retraction, which is secondary to the vertical orientation of the lower lateral cartilages.  

Post rhinoplasty problems

+1

it is not uncommon for changes to occur to your nose after rhinoplasty. Although you experienced a "knock" to your nose, the changes and results may or may not be attributed to this "knock,"but maybe secondary to the surgery itself. It is almost impossible to address these issues by photographs and your history, it is best that your surgeon reevaluate you to explain what options you have for correction. Or, if necessary seek another board certified surgeon in your area who might be able to give you a different perspective.

John E. Sherman, MD

You may require Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery to repair your hanging columella.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos. In my practice, the indentation in your left nasal bone area could be improved with an Injectable Filler treatment. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

If you're bothered by your excessive nostril-show on your profile view, this may require Revision Rhinoplasty for correction. Your nostril margin is a bit retracted, but the majority of this issue appears to be due to the exaggerated curvature of your medial crurae. This may be straightened by dividing your lower lateral cartilages, and placing a columella-strut, cartilage graft.

Revision Rhinoplasty may also be used to improve symmetry in your nasal tip.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

WOW! Great posted photos. But over the internet we are still at a disadvantage. From only reviewing your so kindly posted photo series I feel you have an acceptable result. Reoperation or revision has risks. In person evaluation is ALWAYS better. If I were to re operate, I would relocate the left nasal bone, trim a mm off the columella, correct the left lower lateral alar cartilage. I might also add to the depressed nasal hump, but that is a more detailed examination to determine if you need that. Best of luck.