How Can my Nose Be Improved?

I consider myself attractive, however I feel that my nose could be refined a bit and made more delicate and feminine. Can any docs give their input? I'd deeply appreciate it! Pic was taken on an angle. In this pic I am not smiling, when I smile, my nostrils flare out.

Modest improvement for more feminine look

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a CONSERVATIVE rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

496 Old Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663

How could my nose be improved?

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and often perform consults with out of town and out of country patients using photos and the telephone.  From your photo, the nasal bridge appears low and a bit wide which maybe the result of prior Rhinoplasty.  If so, there may be an element of an open roof where the nasal bones do not meet completely in the midline.

The mid-section of the nose, which is cartilage, appears to be crooked and bends to the right.  This section also appears a bit broad.  The nasal tip is slightly wide and the nostrils are flared.

The nasal bones and cartilage could be made more narrow and the nasal tip more refined with a Closed Rhinoplasty.  The flared nostrils may or may not be improved based on the angle of rotation of your tip (best seen with a profile photo).  An open Rhinoplasty allows some reduction of the nostril flare but does create 5-7 degrees of tip rotation that may not be aesthetically beneficial in your particular case.  Hope this helps.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Nasal appearance improvement with rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for the question.

Its difficult to make an assessment of your nose with only one view.  Your nose does look very attractive for the most part, although modest improvements are usually possible in most rhinoplasty candidates. As suggested by my colleague, I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon in order to get a formal opinion on your options and potential outcomes.  I can recommend an exceptional surgeon near your region, Dr. Charles Boyd, located in Birmingham.  248-433-1900

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

436 N. Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

How Can my Nose Be Improved?

Your posted photo demonstrates a beautiful nose. If you desire a surgery best to see in person boarded rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Can my nose be improved

It is hard to tell from the one picture you submitted. Be careful, from the one view you submitted, if too much is performed it could make things look less natural. Once performed, it is very difficult to go back.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

91 East Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851