How Can my Nose Be Improved?

I consider myself attractive, however I feel that my nose could be refined a bit and made more delicate and feminine. Can any docs give their input? I'd deeply appreciate it! Pic was taken on an angle. In this pic I am not smiling, when I smile, my nostrils flare out.

How could my nose be improved?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and often perform consults with out of town and out of country patients using photos and the telephone.  From your photo, the nasal bridge appears low and a bit wide which maybe the result of prior Rhinoplasty.  If so, there may be an element of an open roof where the nasal bones do not meet completely in the midline.

The mid-section of the nose, which is cartilage, appears to be crooked and bends to the right.  This section also appears a bit broad.  The nasal tip is slightly wide and the nostrils are flared.

The nasal bones and cartilage could be made more narrow and the nasal tip more refined with a Closed Rhinoplasty.  The flared nostrils may or may not be improved based on the angle of rotation of your tip (best seen with a profile photo).  An open Rhinoplasty allows some reduction of the nostril flare but does create 5-7 degrees of tip rotation that may not be aesthetically beneficial in your particular case.  Hope this helps.

Nasal appearance improvement with rhinoplasty

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

Its difficult to make an assessment of your nose with only one view.  Your nose does look very attractive for the most part, although modest improvements are usually possible in most rhinoplasty candidates. As suggested by my colleague, I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon in order to get a formal opinion on your options and potential outcomes.  I can recommend an exceptional surgeon near your region, Dr. Charles Boyd, located in Birmingham.  248-433-1900

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

How Can my Nose Be Improved?

+1

Your posted photo demonstrates a beautiful nose. If you desire a surgery best to see in person boarded rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. 

Can my nose be improved

+1

It is hard to tell from the one picture you submitted. Be careful, from the one view you submitted, if too much is performed it could make things look less natural. Once performed, it is very difficult to go back.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon