Higher and Narrower Nose Shape After Implant Removal

I had a Nose job implant and subsequently removed after 1 month. Now it's been almost a year, however, my nose seems to be higher and narrower since and did not go back to its original, smoother shape. I am concerned if this is some sort of scarring, deformity or contracture of the nose cartilage. What could this be? Please help. Thanks.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

You cannot dip your feet in the same river twice....

+1

The Chinese Philosopher, Confucius said "You cannot dip your feet in the same river twice...."

In this situation it means that time changes everything and you cannot go back to an old nose by removing an implant. There will be scar tissue and changes in the soft tissue and maybe even osteotomies were done which narrowed your nose. The fact is that you have to work with what you have now and take it from there.

Hope this makes sense...

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Appearance after Implant Removal

+1

If more than implant placement and subsequent removal was done during your previous surgeries, you should not expect your nose to be the same. I would want to know exactly what was done before answering your question. Do you want to recover the appearance that stimulated you to have your original surgery? I recommend a serious consultation to clearly establish you expectarions.

See a revision rhinoplasty specialist.

+1

One cannot tell what the problem is without seeing the nose. It can be repaired, but you need to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to evaluate the problem and gjive you treatment otions.