Will a Nose Implant Mess Up my Singing?

Or the procedure to make my nose bigger has no effect? And why? Thank you.

Effect of nasal implant on singing.

+2

Thank you for your question.  No, nasal implants will not affect your singing voice.  The reason  is that the surgery does not change the interior aspect of your nose.  (the interior portion of your nose is your resonance chamber) The nasal  implant sits on top of your current nasal frame so that while the outside of your nose looks larger, nothing has changed on the inside.  

Nose implant should not alter singing voice

+1

A nasal implant is placed outside of the nasal cavity and placed over the bridge of the nose and will have no effect whatsoever on the harmonics of the vocal cords or resonance of the voice.

Will a Nose Implant Mess Up my Singing?

+1

Any Rhinoplasty carries the possibility of altering the nasal character of your voice and could definitely change how you sound.  Any one aspect, of the Rhinoplasty, is not responsible it's the incisions and the post Rhinoplasty scar tissue in the area of the internal nasal valve that could cause the change.

Nasal implants and singing

+1

Your voice is a product of the vibration of your vocal cords and the resonance of the hollow areas of the throat and facial bones.  A nasal implant should have no effect on this.

Corey S. Maas, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose implant and singing.

+1

It should not affect your voice in any way, either speaking or singing. Augmenting dorsal height will not effect any tonal resonance. Good luck.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon