When Can You Tell if the Bridge Implant is Too High After Rhinoplasty?

I just got a rhinoplasty about 35 days ago. The swelling doesn't seem to go down. I originally wanted just the tip done...my doctor say he put in a 3 mm bridge also to match my tip and face. I had a bridge before the rhinoplasty. Is 3 mm too high for a person with a bridge? I know my nose is swollen, but I fear that even after the swelling goes down...it will be too high...I look like an avatar character from the side. Please help!

Swelling after enlarging nasal bridge with an implant during rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

To some degree this depends on the type of surgery performed, implant used, and the amount of swelling that occured post-operatively. Although this may be reflective of your longterm result, I would suggest waiting at least 4-6 months before contemplating any additional surgery.

Final result for rhinoplasty can take months

+1

I agree with most answers about being patient.

Remember, you have swelling from surgery concentrated in a very small area (your nose).  It will take at least 6-12 months for the nose to take its final shape.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

This may a be a "bridge" to nowhere!

+1

It is very early in your healing process. I am sure that you know that it takes about a year to see the final result from a rhinoplasty. It is sometimes necessary to balance the tip and bridge simultaneously to maintain a nice cosmetic result. You need to sit down with your surgeon and relay your concerns. Allow swelling to totally resolve before making the final judgement about your nose.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Please send pictures

+1

You may have swelling and i would suggest to wait. Please send some picture to see if the swelling or implant.  What kind of implant was used?

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Bridge after rhinoplasty too high.

+1

It is much too early to decide on bridge height due to swelling. This will take at least 6-12 months to go down, so be patient.

Bridge Implants

+1

Hi,

At 35 days post-op, what you see is what you get with a 3 mm implant. By now, most of the major swelling is gone and some of the minor residual swelling may still be there. If you think you look like Avatar, the implant may be too high. If that's the case, modifying the implant to lower the bridge should not be that difficult.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Nasal bridge implant

+1

It's just much too soon to judge your rhinoplasty results. Swelling at this stage is very normal, and in many people will persist for at least 6 months. You will notice some changes in your swelling for up to a year after surgery. Without examining you, it's hard to say if a 3 mm implant is too much for your tissues. The best thing to do at this stage is to be patient as your swelling comes down at which point you will be able to judge your results better. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS