Nose Implant to Raise Bridge. Am I a Good Candidate? (photo)

As you can see in my pictures the tip of my nose projects greater then my bridge of my nose. What i'm looking for is that L shaped nose. Looking threw before and after photos a lot of Asian women get implants to raise their nose up with a very perfect defined look to it, which is what I desire. Would i be a candidate for an implant?

Nasa implant to raise bridge

+1

The L-strut is not usually used in our practice due to the hard, wood-like stiffness that occurs in the entire nose as well as the infection rate we have seen with L-struts.  It is always best to use the patients own natural cartilage from inside the nose to build up the bridge line.  A full set of photographs from all 5 angles will be required before making any decision upon implant versus no implant.

Rhinoplasty With Multifaceted Approach

+1

Dear Jesselaure,

Thank you for sharing your photos but additional photos at different angles are required to provide you with solid advices.

Nonetheless, it seems that you could benefit from a reduction of your overprojected nasal tip, narrowing and straightening of your nasal dorsum.

Your multifaceted procedure is of a delicate nature. So I encourage you to seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will guide you to make a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Nose Implant to Raise Bridge. Am I a Good Candidate?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, a profile view would be required in order to determine the appropriate height of your nasal bridge.  The nasal bone and tip are quite wide and should be reduced with Rhinoplasty in order to create a naturally, more attractive nose. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty

+1

With the limited view photos in your post it is impossible to say if you are a good candidate for an implant to raise the nasal bridge. It is just as likely or more so that you would get an optimal result by reducing the tip and rotating it upward as well as severing the muscle connecting upper lip to nasal tip. You will need to see a qualified surgeon face to face in order to know what options are available and which would be best for you.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Bridge Implant in Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Jess, without a true profile view it is difficult to make a specific recommendation for you, however it looks like you may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty. If your tip is truly over-projected, you may not want to raise your bridge but instead deproject the tip. This can be determined at your consultation and computer imaging may help.

Web reference: http://sandiegoface.com/rhinoplasty/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

I think your tip can be refined by sculpting your tip cartilages. I'm not sure if your a candidate for an implant because to determine that I would need to see a good profile view of your nose to determine the present height.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Nasal Implant

+1

Hello, in reviewing the photos that you posted it is quite clear that a complete rhinoplasty is in order for you. I would not advise a implant I would prefer to straighten and narrow  your bridge and refine your tip. This combination will give you a prettier more feminine and balanced nose. I would advise a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck to you.

+1

Again not enough views posted of your nose! Best to obtain in person evaluations in your city. My guess would be to reduce the tip before using a bridge implant. Good Luck. 

Nasal implant

+1

I agree that a profile photo would be most helpful to plan your options. I would also mention that nasal dorsal implants can work well in Asian patients with thick nasal skin and lack of projection so that there is a better balance of the tip and dorsum after surgery. However, these are not without risk as I heave treated several patients to remove these implants due to infection, exposure or thin skin coverage.  It would be best to avoid them in your case if other options are available.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Nasal implants or nasal tip reduction

+1

If you provide a profile picture, it would provide a better view to make a proper recommendation. However based on your frontal and oblique nasal pictures, I would recommend a refinement of nasal tip to bring your nose in harmony with your face rather than nasal implants. Your nasal tip appears to be over projected and need to be reduced. I would suggest you to have a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Good luck

Web reference: http://www.drkevinsadati.com/newport-beach-rhinoplasty/orange-county-reduction-rhinoplasty.html

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.