Nose Hump After Getting Kicked. What Should I Do?

Hi! Im 16, turning 17 in 4 months. Last april, my best friend kicked my nose. How? I have no idea. But it was a pretty bad impact & every single day since my nose bleeds a bit(sometimes just pink juice but normay blood) it doesnt just pour out, it happens if i blow my nose. Ive always had a slight bump on my nose but you can only see it if i turn about 45 degrees to the right. Any other angle you cant see it. Long story short.. It hurts alot. What procedure should i use someday? Healing time? $ ?

Nose Hump after Nose Injury

+1

You will probably need to have corrective surgery to remove the bump.
Nasal trauma that deforms the nose should be examined by a Plastic Surgeon or  ENT/ facial plastic surgeon to see what has been injured, that there is no septal hematoma that may have to be evacuated,  and to evaluate if  there is a nasal or septal fracture. It is far easier to repair any injured cartilage or bone displacement in the first few weeks following an injury.

Bleeding and Nasal Hump after Trauma.

+1

There is no urgency to treat the nasal hump. However, I would consult with an ENT specialist, a plastic surgeon, or a facial plastic surgeon to evaluate the cause of intermittent nose bleeds which obviously is not normal.

What options are available to fix a bump or hump on the nose?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your nose injury. The bump or hump on your nose typically requires surgical repair. The intermittent bleeding you're experiencing can sometimes be related to a fracture in the nasal septum. Bending or fracture of the nasal septum can cause excessive dryness on one side resulting in occasional nosebleeds. This can be repaired as part of a septorhinoplasty surgery. Given your injury and nosebleeds, I would recommend that you followup with a Facial Plastic Surgeon for further evaluation. I hope this helps.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon