Is It Possible That Nose Hump is Caused by Pressure?

I'm 18,and years ago,when we were 10 or so,my friend hugged me really really hard to the point where i sat on the floor and started crying how much it hurted,so is it possible that caused upper lateral cartilage of the nose to be pushed inward?

Rhinoplasty for nasal hump

+1

It usually takes a fair amount of trauma to the nose to fracture it or fracture the upper lateral cartilage off of the nasal bone.  A rhinoplasty would involve shaving down the nasal hump, while osteotomies are used to narrow and straighten the nasal bones.  A spreader graft composed of septal cartilage is fashioned and placed underneath the depressed upper lateral cartilage. Please see the link below for examples of fracture noses and depressed upper lateral cartilages that we have repaired in our practice

+1

While it is possible that this disrupted your nasal cartilages or fractured your nasal bones, it is unlikely. Typically, that type of injury requires more force to your nose than would be delivered by a hug. Either way, rhinoplasty surgery is typically the most effective option to change the shape and size of a person's nose. I hope my answer is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon