Nose Hump After Blowing of the Nose 10 Weeks Post Septorhinoplasty?

I had a septorhinoplasty 10 weeks ago. For the last week i had severe nasal congestion and hay fever. I had a sneezing fit about half hour ago and noticed a hump on the bridge of my nose. Could i have dislodged the bones or is it just inflammation. There was no pain or bleeding. it certainly wasnt there yesterday-i have pictures to prove it. Very worried Thanks

Change in shape of the nose 10 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. I agree it is doubtful that you changed her nose by sneezing 10 weeks after rhinoplasty. However it is important you see your Dr. for evaluation.

+1

Based upon your description alone it is very difficult to give advice, but I would follow with your surgeon. 

I doubt it will be a permanent problem.

+1

Hello worriedalot,

I would recommend you go see your surgeon to confirm if anything has shifted.  At 10 weeks postop it would be highly unlikely.  Your nose can be swollen for several months after surgery normally.  If you have had a recent cold or hayfever episode you can re-swell because of inflammation in the nasal area.  You could try applying ice to the area and taping the bridge for several days to see if things resolve.  I think that a follow-up phone call with your surgeon would help put you mind at ease.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon