Nose Hit 4 Weeks After Septorhinoplasty. It is Likely Thats it's Been Knocked Out of Place?

My friend accidentally bashed my nose with his head (almost 4 weeks post opp) it wasn't the hardest of head buts but it hurt and I felt something squeeze. On the outside it looks fine, and the pain was only for that split moment, no swelling either. At this point is it likely that its been knocked out of place?

+1

Most likely if you see no change in the aesthetic appearance of your nose, and you are not experiencing increased difficulty breathing through your nose, there  has been  no damage.  You really should see your surgeon though, and get his/her opinion. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma 4 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

From your description it is very unlikely that you compromised your result when you were hit in the nose. See your surgeon for an evaluation.

Nose body slam after septorhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to tell by history alone whether your nose was knocked out of midline following your nose bump.  If your physical cosmesis is fine, and your functional nasal airway breathing is fine, I would leave well-enough alone.  If there are changes in either of these, please see your surgeon for an eval.

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon