Is a Several Nose Graft (Dorsum + Tip Augmentation), Has Risks Like Having a Permanent Swallowed Tip/nose?

I underwent a first rhino one year ago . Indeed, my dorsum had a little bump that i wanted to remove, and a tip that i wanted to shorten a bit. The outcome is that my current nose is far too small and digged (concave). I need a 2 millimeters graft onto the tip to recover a decent nose lenght, thus a cartilage graft upon the dorsum for a straight one. Are there some risks like having a permanent swallowed tip/nose? (my skin is pretty thin, i'm not either african or asian, but occidental) Thanks!

+1

If you are asking about permanent swelling, this does not typically occur after cartilage grafting.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Swallowed Tip/nose

+1

With thin skin and cartilage onlay grafting I highly recommend you consult with a surgeon familiar with Temporalis fascia onlay graft techniques.  The Temporalis is a large fan shaped muscle overlying behind your ear and above your temple.  A small incision behind the ear in the hairline allows that access to borrow or harvest a fair amount of fascia.  The scar is easily concealable and no hair would be lost.  And the muscle isn't affected by the harvest itself.  Fascia is a silky smooth material that can be overlaid across dorsal and tip cartilage grafts to create a very smooth contour that neither reveals palpable or visible defects.  It's a fantastic tool in the right hands.  Best advice I can give!

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Without an exam it is impossible to tell you. However,  rib cartilage or septal cartilage can help with the dorsal height.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.