Will this nose look good on me and do I need a chin implant? (Photo)

Recently I find an app for simulation so I can't stop do a simulation for my nose to find which nose look good on me , but someone told me I need a chin implant so my profile will look better ,that make me thinking maybe I need it ,I'm not sure about the chin implant bc I'm afraid my face chance too much . I'm know my mouth is too much in the front but I'm getting braces this month maybe the will help my chin look better . Plz give me your advices . Thx !!

Chin

+1
A chin implant or genioplasty on a male patient is a masculinizing procedure. It will also make the nose appear smaller due to a change in facial proportions. Braces will not likely change your facial appearance significantly unless you need jaw surgery. Donald R Nunn MD,DDS Atlanta Plastic Surgery

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation will compliment rhinoplasty result in cases of weak chin

+1
Nose and chin balance profile of face.  In case of a weak chin and large nose rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are often combined for the best outcome. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1
The combination of a rhinoplasty and chin implant is very common in our practice. The rhinoplasty procedure can de-project the nose while the chin augmentation will increase the projection of the chin for better facial balance. The rhinoplasty procedure involves shaving down the dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage. Some tip adjustments may be required along with osteotomies of the nasal bones to close the open roof once the hump has been removed. A chin implant is inserted through a sub mental incision at the same time under the same anesthetic. 

Chin implant surgery with a Rhinoplasty

+1
In addition to the nose, rhinoplasty surgeons often evaluate the chin and lower face to improve facial proportion. Many patients with a "large" nose may also have a relatively small chin. A nose can only made so much smaller before having breathing problems and still look natural. Braces generally don't move a jaw or chin forward sufficiently, so a chin implant or surgery would be required.

Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to perform a comprehensive evaluation and help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will this nose look good on me and do I need a chin implant?

+1
Yes, you absolutely will benefit from a chin implant and rhinoplasty surgery.  The goal of the chin implant is to given projection to your chin.  Your chin is fairly receded and an implant would balance your face.  In addition, a rhinoplasty to reduce the bump on your nose and refine it will give your face more harmony.  Both procedures can be done together.

Chin implant with rhinoplasty?

+1
Yes I agree with the recommendations oto include a chin implant. It will help the overall balance of your face. It is generally done with a small incision near your lower gums so there are not any outside scars. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

+1
A rhinoplasty and a chin implant would improve facial balance.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

+1
Hello Nina

Thanks for your question.
I see from your posts that you have posted more than once.
May I make a suggestion? Go and see a specialist Plastic Surgeon(referred to as 'Board Certified' in the US and 'Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon' here in Australia).
You can see form your question and feedback that your concerns require detailed knowledge, expertise and assessment. No matter how good the intention, questions on an online forum cannot be a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a Specialist. That way you can show the surgeon what you are concerned about, discuss with him, and give him the chance to make a detailed assessment of your nose, with your concerns about the shape, and combine this with his considerations in relation to the rest of your face.
Then he can use his expertise as a Specialist to offer you options, and give you the understanding of why these are your best options, and the costs involved. You can ask questions so that you understand.
Then you will be informed enough to make a choice about which way you want to go.

It would appear that the combination of a Rhinoplasty plus Chin Augment would be your best option(there are various ways to achieve this- let your Surgeon discuss them with you) .Your consultation face-to-face is your best guide.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

You are a good candidate for both

+1
Hi Nina: From what I can tell from your post, this is a simulation that you did for yourself, not with a rhinoplasty surgeon.  I think this is a great tool, but I would recommend having prospective surgeons do a simulation with you of their own as they may have ideas that you like better. 

I agree that your simulation looks improved, but a couple things to consider.  Firstly, this would be a significant reduction in the overall size of your nose. When this happens, the skin is stretched a little less and thickens slightly, so it would probably be difficult to achieve such a sharply refined tip as you show in your morphed image.  Secondly, your after image really changes the apparent ethnicity of your nose.  This is fine, but loss of ethnicity is one reason people are unhappy with rhinoplasty results, so carefully consider this choice...a less drastic change, like keeping a small dorsal hump, may be better for you in the long run and your surgeon can show you this. 

In terms of chin augmentation, I think it would be a good idea.  If you augment your chin (with silicone implant, sliding genioplasty, or orthognathic surgery) your face will be able to tolerate a slightly larger nose which will be easier to achieve and overall probably yield a better facial balance for you. 

Lastly, I am not sure how the morphing program you used works, but you may notice that your upper lip looks a lot taller in your after photo.  Rhinoplasty is all about keeping the facial proportions in balance.  By lifting the tip of your nose, your upper lip looks really tall, which is a trait associated with advanced age.  This is okay but it would be another possible reason to consider chin augmentation which can bring more balance to your upper and lower lips.  People with small chins are at risk of accelerated aging in the lower face because there is less bone to suppport the skin, and the skin essentially "falls down off the skull/jaw" more quickly...so chin augmentation will help you age more gracefully as well. 

Best of luck.   

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Computer generated results are not always going to give the result anticipated. Yes a chin implant would help..//